Post Your Morgan Dollars

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by jello, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

One of my new discoveries fresh back from LVA... VAM 1Bi

The reverse on this one was so dark and spotted I decided to try to do some conservation and it turned out pretty well compared to what it was revealing all the poliahing lines and FF gouges

20161113_100103_HDR~2.jpg 20161113_100122_HDR~2.jpg 20161113_100153~2.jpg

Sellers pics...
    $_1.JPG $_3 (2).JPG

talkcoin, calcol, charlietig and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Congrats on 10 DC's and nice job of conversation on this one. Your streak is alive and well! :)

Cascade likes this.
  4. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Images by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1888_rMOo4.jpg
    bc1888_rMOr5.jpg

5. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

New pickup. MS60 jumps into four figures.

IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0348.JPG

talkcoin, Evan8, charlietig and 6 others like this.
  6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

7. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Thanks. It's even nicer in hand. My photo skills never do Liberty any justice.

HAB Peace 28 2.0 likes this.
  8. icetea

icetea Member

WOW!

9. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

Santinidollar likes this.
  10. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

11. HAB Peace 28 2.0

HAB Peace 28 2.0 The spiders are as big as the door

Santinidollar likes this.
  12. Dave Waterstraat

This is my Black Friday pick that I thought was a 17 berry reverse from the seller's photos. It's not, but that's ok. :) 1921.3Q.obv.1.2k.JPG 1921.3Q.rev.1.2k.JPG

talkcoin, Skyman and jello like this.
  13. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I contemplated scarfing that one, too, just for the die crack study. :)

Didn't realize you'd joined the dSLR/bellows brigade (unless I've simply forgotten, which is equally possible). Good on ya. :p

14. Dave Waterstraat

I'm not sure if this one is a true 3Q2 or just a tweener. I'm not seeing the crack above the M on this one, but definitely a nice crack study. (I'll be posting my next '21 this evening)

And yes, I joined the dSLR/bellows world about 2 years ago. Being a true DIYer I put it together myself from photos of your and Ray's systems. My little Canon A620 wasn't cutting it anymore...:)

15. SuperDave

Idle note: IIRC, your A620 will work remotely with Zoom Browser (the A-series were compatible with remote shooting up to the A650). Might be a fun bit of experimentation if you have some idle time down the road. :)

16. Dave Waterstraat

I was shooting remote with my A620 but the newer Zoom Browser software packages do not function (remote) with the old P&S cameras and I haven't loaded the software for my A620 since buying a new desk top with windows 10. Even the free downloads from Canon for the A series no longer support remote. There just wasn't enough interest for this feature outside of numismatics I guess..

17. SuperDave

Well, you gotta admit a P&S doesn't really lend itself to advanced photography techniques. :)

I'm still using the Rebel XS-era version of Zoom Browser, and that's one of the (very long list of) reasons why I'm still on Windows 7 and will migrate to Linux rather than Win10 when the time comes, probably whenever I build my next system.

18. Dave Waterstraat

I'm using the XS software on Windows 10 (and 7 on my laptop) with no problems so far. I got the auto update from 8.1 to 10 one day and so far I like 10 better than 8.1. Same thing happened on my laptop but I reverted back to 7 for obvious reasons....

One thing that was really a crutch when teathering my A620 was the homemade stand I was using. I think the converted microscope stand I now have would be the ticket.

19. Dave Waterstraat

My latest 1921-D purchase.
    1921D.1l2.obv.1.2k.JPG 1921D.1l2.rev.1.2k.JPG

talkcoin, Cascade, Skyman and 2 others like this.
  20. Dave Waterstraat

Another 21-D arrived in the mail today.:) 1921d.1b1.obv.1.2k.JPG 1921d.1b1.rev.1.2k.JPG

21. SuperDave

Draft saved Draft deleted