Post your Lincolns!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by New Gen. Nick, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Do you like the new pennies?

1. OH YEAH BABY.

31.9%
  2. ew no.

68.1%
  1. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1914 d obv reg.jpg 1914 d rev reg.jpg

My favorite Lincoln cent of all time. Charmy helped me with this back in 2006 and I never regretted stepping up to this one. Back then I was hitting the keys first and working my way backwards from there to the common ones. It is graded 64 RB. Re imaged today for my registry set on NGC cents 1909- 1933 coppermania.

Ronald J Dawley likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

I don't think I've ever posted this one here before. 1909 S/S MM-001 variety, NGC MS-62BN. Cherrypicked this from my local dealer raw.

I think they slighted me on the grade, there's hardly a hit on this coin.

Attached Files:

Ronald J Dawley likes this.
  4. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Here is a beautiful piece of art from our paper money! This is from a 2006 Series $5 note.

Lincoln_5Dollar_2006_Portrait.jpg

Kelly Capone likes this.
  5. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Nice 1909-S/S FS-1501, BadThad! Much, much, much tougher than the S/Horizontal S variety of that year. I was searching for an FS-1501 for around two years and happened to pick two of them around the same time, both ended up in PCGS MS64RB holders :)

Here's the image PCGS did of one of them for their CoinFacts website:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ronald J Dawley and Kelly Capone like this.
  6. BadThad

WOW! That's a stunning example!!!

It's funny how most people have no clue about this coin but everyone knows the S/S horz variety. I told my dealer it was a MM variety and he didn't care, the price is the same. LOL

EDIT - Do you know how many exist in your grade? A few variety experts were going crazy over my coin being in MS grade. These are extremely rare in MS.

7. New Gen. Nick

New Gen. Nick Member

ooooooooooooo nice!

8. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Coppermania, beautiful! That's a keeper for sure.

Has anyone posted a 1912? Here's one.
    Lance.

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Particularly not one like that. WOW!

10. New Gen. Nick

New Gen. Nick Member

After making this thread, I'm realizing how unattractive mr. lincoln is.

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

12. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Two Great Leaders Voted by Presidential Historian Society Year 2000, Pres. Abraham Lincoln no.1, Pres. Frank Delano Roosevelt no.2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lillulu likes this.
  13. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

My 1992 Lincoln Cent Doubling or Doubled Die?

[​IMG]

Ronald J Dawley and Kelly Capone like this.
  14. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

There continue to be some stunning Lincoln cents posted.. I never seen any looking like this for sale locally here...

Kelly Capone likes this.
  15. susannyny

susannyny Member

16. BadThad

1992 is die deterioration doubling.

17. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1911 d obv reg.jpg 1911 d rev reg.jpg

I've been spending some time re imaging some of my registry set. It is a great way for me to visit and enjoy my collection. I just love looking at these small disks 8-10 inches tall on my computer monitor...... sure makes it easier than looking through an eye loupe porthole. NGC slideshow feature make looking at the whole collection pretty cool as well. This coin is a crisp 65 BN. Coppermania!

18. BadThad

Whoa....how long have you had that coin? I sold a raw one that was almost dead-on that coin some years ago....love the color!

19. New Gen. Nick

New Gen. Nick Member

I'm so glad I made this thread. It's really getting me pumped for my collection.

20. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

Bad Thad, I bought it from Delaware Valley about 3-4 years ago off a back cover add on CoinWorld Mag. Probably the best thing that came from the year subscription my parents bought for my birthday once. Maybe it is the same coin as the pops for coins like this are low, Matt

21. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1922 d obv reg.jpg 1922 d rev reg.jpg

I first purchased this 1922 D in a NNC slab on eBay when I didn't really know that much about coins. I liked that it had some red and decent beard detail and blew about 250 bucks on it. Then I became pretty much a PCGS purist so I sent it off to them and they graded it a 64 RD, which was pretty lucky as it books for double what I paid. I wouldn't try that very often today though. At first, I went from buying anything, to PCGS only as a knee jerk correction after making a few mistakes, to settling into deciding what I like either raw or PCGS, NGC coins.

I think the spot in the right field keeps it from being a 65 and with the price tag a 65 commands, I am happy to live with this one in 64. I'm sure the spot came from someone speaking or eating around a raw coin or something like that, so try not to do that kids....

Matt

Draft saved Draft deleted