Post your Lincolns!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by New Gen. Nick, Oct 4, 2011.

?

Do you like the new pennies?

1. OH YEAH BABY.

31.9%
  2. ew no.

68.1%
  1. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

4. robec

robec Junior Member

PCGS PR67RD Cameo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

6. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

7. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Yummy MPL's, ldhair!

Here's another cent that isn't necessarily a favorite but I like it for its different look.

The '26-D below got a rough shake at PCGS as an MS63.
    Lance.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

What am I missing on that 26-D? I has a couple minor tick on Abe's cheek, but I have 67's with more than that. It doesn't look like it has the luster for a 67, but still, less than a 64 does not make sense to me.

9. New Gen. Nick

New Gen. Nick Member

Regrade that thang.

Kelly Capone likes this.
  10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'm glad that 26-D was not a guess the grade. I think we all would have missed it by a few points. I'll bet Doug would have been close.:D

Kelly Capone likes this.
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

One more Lincoln.
    [​IMG]

12. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

I like that 26D was it something on the reverse "the AM" or is that just an angle thing... Seems way better than a 63

13. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

The 26-D is an easy 64+, resubmit. What do you think of the luster? The beard detail is amazing for the issue!

14. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I bought this postcard awhile ago because I thought it was pretty cool. Has an image of the St. Gaudens statue of Lincoln and the U.S. Capitol. Also thought it was neat that it was mailed in 1909 and the writer was writing about the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Lincoln's birth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kelly Capone likes this.
  15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Some of the post cards made in those days had such a cool look. I see different ones like that on Ebay and have to control myself.
    This Lincoln is a bit suspect but I like it. It was this color before MS70 came on the market but always thought it was messed with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

I love those Brenner Lincoln plaques! Sweet!

17. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

This is one of those awesome threads that I feel I'm not near worthy to post within, bu I really want to subscribe so here's a crummy picture or two of some Lincolns I have:

Yes, I'm too lazy to take new pics so here's a couple I may have posted before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ronald J Dawley and Kelly Capone like this.
  18. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

1927-S MS64 Brown PCGS

1927-S PCGS MS64 BN 8-29-11.jpg
    I may have posted this one before but man these are tough to find this nice, just like the 1925-S!

Kelly Capone and steve.e like this.
  19. brg5658

No one has posted these two yet. These are both graded MS69 Satin Finish cents from 2009.

2009_Lincoln_Formative_Years_rev_large.jpg
    2009_Lincoln_Professional_rev_large.jpg

20. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

It has a great strike but also has the typical weakness at the AM in AMERICA.I think the luster doesn't support a 66 but I can find no reason PCGS didn't grade it 65. I'll send it to CAC one of these days and hope it comes back with a gold bean.Lance.

21. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1909 obv reg.jpg 1909 rev reg 66 bn.jpg 1910 s obv reg.jpg 1910 s rev reg.jpg

Re imaging today for my registry set. Here is a few that turned out pretty good i think. The 1909 is a 66 Bn and the 10 S is a 65 RB. Some coins are just more photogenic than others and need to be worked with, others just take one try.

Matt

Draft saved Draft deleted