Post your Kennedy Halves!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zach24, Jan 28, 2012.

1. BearlyHereBear

BearlyHereBear Active Member

FDOI anyone?
    [​IMG]

dwhiz, Kasia, Jimski and 2 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Interesting! :wideyed:

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

You mean you don't got one yet? What the hell is the matter with you? You're not trying to discover one in the ground, are you? :D

Look at this. This was a dated 2000-coin bag they found, and this here looks like a die chip on the earlobe. If it is, it's an error. If it's on a first issued coin, it's a first issued error. How many collectors do you think got a first issued error? These are certified, too, they come with certificates. You NEED one of these!

Just a caution, though. I heard NGC is having trouble finding suckers with this guy. They're considering another approach. Undisclosed sources say it's going to involve the giving away of balloons with every five purchases at the retail price. I think that's a great move. I don't know any coin collector who doesn't love free balloons! :)

upload_2022-6-1_11-20-2.png

dwhiz, ZoidMeister and expat like this.
  5. BearlyHereBear

Log Potato, Jimski and paddyman98 like this.
  6. BearlyHereBear

Here's my favorite Kennedy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also my first venture into grading submission.

7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

bubble-bursting-gif.gif

8. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

Supposedly the first released bag of 64-Ps...all are baggy as typical...I wonder if they have the type 1 rev. or the type 2 rev. or a combo of the both?

9. BearlyHereBear

[​IMG]

bear32211 and capthank like this.
  10. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

It does look like the type 1 rev. of accented hair...small breaks in the ray between the two stars adjacent the eagle's wing.

11. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

1965 SMS DSCN4479~2.JPG DSCN4480~2.JPG DSCN4479~4.JPG DSCN4480~3.JPG

dwhiz, Lem E, Jimski and 2 others like this.
  12. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

13. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

I collect them because because they are an attractive coin and easy to find @ minimum cost.

bear32211 and dwhiz like this.
  14. Tim C

Tim C Active Member

15. Lem E

Lem E Well-Known Member

Got this as change at a gas station not too long ago. Thought it was pretty cool since I don’t see these in the wild very much. FC2E61BA-7E10-4DCB-A218-3BB6A5150C61.jpeg 1C388768-F4D2-4AE9-B377-BA6A8C4D1CB3.jpeg

capthank, dwhiz and Jimski like this.
  16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

17. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

18. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

19. furham

furham Good Ole Boy

20. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

These are in my Capitol plastic 20th century set. These images were taken in July 2013.
    I should open it and take new photos, maybe some day. 1964 0c 20th cent set 1a-horz-vert.jpg
    20th Century type set front-horz.jpg

Anthony Mazza and ZoidMeister like this.
  21. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I was taking inventory of Kennedy Half Dollars that my father left me. I have about 200+, but nothing spectacular, but I thought I would carefully go through them to see if there is something I missed. I know I have some silver proof half dollars that I got from my father. I have started buying the Silver Proof Set each year and the Limited Edition Silveer Proof Set, since I started collecting. I've got the Limited Edition every year starting in 2012 and the Silver Proof Set since 2009, mainly, because I knew there was a Silver Proof Half Dollar, Quarters, and Dimes every year. The Limited Edition Silver Proof Set had they same thing in addition the American Silver Eagle Proof Set for W. 2021 was a nice year with the S AND W.

Draft saved Draft deleted