Post your Kennedy Halves!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zach24, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Another sleeper (in my opinion). Just picked this one up. 70s.jpg 70srev.jpg One of the lowest mintages of the Kennedy pre 1990s 90% silver proofs, and as an NGC star.......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

4. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

jello likes this.
  5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

DDO-1 is what I am told.

6. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

The DDO-001 has a nice marker, a short die gouge south (left hand side) from the upper L in LIBERTY.

jello likes this.
  7. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Coin-Dude and torontokuba like this.
  9. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

Two Kennedy's just back from NGC this week.

100_5500.JPG 100_5501.JPG

100_5502.JPG 100_5503.JPG

jello, Paul_62 and Ethan like this.
  10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

11. hcmusicguy

hcmusicguy Member

These are the current set that I'm working on since I finished my Eisenhowers. This one is one of my two pocket pieces.
    20140630_085030-1.jpg 20140630_085014-1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    jello likes this.
  12. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of mine. Nothing too exciting here, but I still like them! I've also started experimenting with Microsoft Paint and photos that I've taken of my slabbed coins to get everything in 1 picture.

2006-S ~ PCGS PR69DCAM
    06-s pcgs.png

1994-S ~ PCGS PR69DCAM Silver
    94-s pcgs silver.png

dwhiz, Paul_62 and jello like this.
  13. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Looking good :)

scotts1 likes this.
  14. scotts1

Thanks jello!

jello likes this.
  15. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

16. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Those 1994-S Silver Kennedy half dollars, give the reverse a second look. Wiles has listed two different Doubled Die Reverses for that issue.

Admittedly, the DDR’s are not that pronounced on the 94-S Silver as other dates, but they were strong enough for Wiles to list in the CONECA files. One of our members here reported the DDR-002.

17. scotts1

I hadn't heard about that. Where would this doubled die be located on the reverse? Also, wouldn't PCGS put something on the label if it was a doubled die?

18. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Here's one with a bluish haze.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Send atrox001 a PM on these boards, he takes better pictures then I do (LOL) plus he is the one that first reported the DDR-002 to CONECA that Wiles listed. Both the DDR-001 and DDR-002 on the 94-S Silver has doubling on the stars around the rim, stars between the rays and on E PLURIBUS UMUM.

PCGS will only list the Doubled Dies that are in the Cherrypickers’ Guide. If you wanted to pony up the $24 attribution fee, PCGS would put “Minor Variety” on the label but wouldn’t tell you which one it is. I would recommend saving your money and if you really want to find out which variety you have, send the coin along with $8 to Wiles and he will tell you which on it is, or Larry might even send you photos of the markers to look for (for free).

EDITED TO ADD: If you are unable to get ahold of atrox001, I will try to take some photos for you and post them here, but Larry has a better set up for taking great photos of varieties.

20. scotts1

Thanks Caleb! I don't see anything with my loupe but I'll check around and see what I can find.

Edit: How do you send a PM to someone on here? :confused:

21. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

Go to the top right side of this page, click on INBOX and then click on START A CONVERSATION

Draft saved Draft deleted