Post Your Indian Head Cents!!!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by collectingkid, Nov 7, 2011.

1. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1893 indian cent.jpg 1893 indian cent rev.jpg

The only one I have.
    Matt

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

1862 indian cent obv.jpg 1862 indian cent rev.jpg 1862 indian cent rev die crack.jpg

OK, I have one other one. This one is housed in a small ANACS slab graded AU 55, which I agree with. Although I don't actively collect these by date, I thought that when I do, I would collect them in the AU grade level mainly for price. I picked this one up mostly because of the interesting die crack along the reverse shield. I will also step out and describe it as a retained cud as I can see a shift in the registration along the denticles. Although minor, I thought it was pretty cool and maybe someday come across one where the whole piece is missing, if even possible.

Matt

4. robec

robec Junior Member

5. mishork

mishork New Member

Nice is it for sale =)

swamp yankee likes this.
  6. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Matt, that's a very nice 1893. Is it graded about MS64 RB? Maybe 65RB? It has really nice surfaces and a very appealing mix of reds and browns! :thumb:

Lillulu likes this.
  7. coppermania

coppermania Numistatist

Thanks brg, I picked it up raw from a fellow coin club member and CoinTalker one night at a club meeting. Like I said before, I don't chase these at the moment, but I can identify the "look" these need to have to grade. I kept it around raw for a submission filler for when I get a coin that HAS to get graded I can send in a group of 5 so the grade tier is less expensive. This one is MS 64 BN, which I agree with. I'm glad you like it too. Matt

Lillulu likes this.
  8. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

If you ever plan to part with it, let me know. That's the kind of "look" I like my IHCs to have. :)

9. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Attached Files:

Lillulu, swamp yankee and robec like this.
  10. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

Here are two of my friend Mel's best IHC's.

Attached Files:

Eric the Red, Lillulu and robec like this.
  11. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I'm almost embarrassed to post these two here; they are raw, and rough.. Straight out of the goldrush gum bag!

(And I am tickled with them!)

Lucy Indian head pennies.jpeg Indian head pennies 2.jpeg

Eric the Red, Lillulu and coinman1234 like this.
  12. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Was at the bank earlier this week visiting my coins at the safe deposit box and I'm really starting to think that I have a new favorite Indian Head Cent... my 1909 proof graded PCGS PR66RDCAM is really really growing on me :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

I had the coin imaged for PCGS CoinFacts, thinking they would emphasize the cameo contrast since only a few 1909 proofs have been given the cameo designation, but instead they imaged it to show off the color... oh well, still a nice shot:

[​IMG]

robec, Eric the Red, MKent and 4 others like this.
  13. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

This is my first MS IHC. I was torn between 3 and ended up getting this 1888 PCGS MS64RB CAC.

IHCO.jpg IHCR.jpg

Eric the Red, Lillulu and meteor like this.
  14. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

That is a nice one to start with - now you only have 60 more to go. Well depending if you include the CUNI and flying eagles. :)

Lillulu likes this.
  15. RedRaider

RedRaider Well-Known Member

Thats just not fair!! Those are beautiful!!

Lillulu likes this.
  16. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

LOL only 60. I am not John Gotti here. Just trying to get 1-2 nice examples per series. Man that would be the day.

Lillulu likes this.
  17. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Here's my favorite... 7.jpg

Eric the Red, MKent, Lillulu and 2 others like this.
  18. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Here's my 1909:

1909 indian 1c rev.jpg

The only time I have submitted coins to NGC, this came back body bagged. I did not inspect the coin before hand, but just sent in the nicer coins I had from childhood. I was probably 8 when I bought this coin.

1909 indian 1c.jpg

ihc.jpg

Eric the Red, Lillulu and robec like this.
  19. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

my pics above do not look too good.

let's see if I can do better...

1907 1c with template.jpg

Lillulu likes this.
  20. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

21. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I haven't posted my 1909 IHC in PCGS MS66RD in this thread yet... though I have been using it as my avatar icon since I joined this forum... How about some bigger pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely one of the prettiest full red IHCs I've seen and I'm glad to own it :)

Draft saved Draft deleted