Post your favorite coin that you bought in 2014

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chiefbullsit, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Bought a few coins in 2014 but only kept two, sold the others. This is my favorite of the two I kept.

9.jpg

rayman311, Whipps, Jwt708 and 22 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

I have to agree with you!

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  4. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I bought a lot of coins in 2014 including a few I really like this is my favorite tho. I don't have any pics that do it justice. Love that 1802/1 $5!!

rayman311, x115, coinzip and 13 others like this.
  5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

6. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

There out there. My advice is buy a nice slabbed au with original surfaces got a lot of pop for under $400. I've been wanting a nice early gold coin or 2 like the Chiefs but just can't afford one with all the other stuff I been buying

7. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

One day I'll own one of these early golds!

If I had bought that coin in 2014, I would have made this thread too! :D:D:cool::cool:

medjoy likes this.
  8. Al Wilson

Al Wilson New Member

Nice real nice.

9. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

BIG congrats on getting a lovely lady! You'll have to go some to top this one

spirityoda and Chiefbullsit like this.
  10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

$(KGrHqF,!lEFIlLZU0LWBSJ33-hvu!~~60_12.JPG
    Belgebis_zps51914bcb.jpg
    by far the best and most expensive. I love it. I bought 14 coins this year. this coin was really worth saving up for ($349). If you see this coin in Mint State call me/message asap. I have only seen 2 in MS raw of this type 10 years ago and they went for $700 each. no money back then boo hoo. :bigtears:

x115, robec, JPeace$ and 8 others like this.
  11. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

Beautiful coins, guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Effigy303, carboni7e, jj00 and 14 others like this.
  12. jerryc39

jerryc39 Well-Known Member

this was my favorite. [​IMG]

x115, robec, JPeace$ and 10 others like this.
  13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

14. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

How can you just pick one? I don't get it.:rolleyes: I guess this one...

1917T1cropped-2.jpg

1917T1cropped.jpg

jj00, x115, Mainebill and 9 others like this.
  15. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Hmm, there was massive turnover in my collection in 2014, first time since I started collecting. I sold quite a few of the coins I had owned for quite a few years (some decades).

Of the coins I bought, narrowing it down is very hard. Ask me tomorrow, it will probably change.

For now, I choose this one:

1838 50C HALF DOLLAR - CAPPED BUST, REEDED EDGE PCGS XF45 28343459 CAC Obv Slab v2.jpg

1838 50C HALF DOLLAR - CAPPED BUST, REEDED EDGE PCGS XF45 28343459 CAC Rev Slab v2.jpg

jj00, Jwt708, x115 and 10 others like this.
  16. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

@Chiefbullsit please forgive me, but no way I can pick just one. Here are a handful in the order acquired throughout the year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BigTee44, carboni7e, jj00 and 13 others like this.
  17. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Hot damn, I think your Horse Themed collection has got to be my favorite collection from a person I actually know (other than my own CAC Type set). :D

18. cletis faye

cletis faye Well-Known Member

19. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

This probably isn't my favorite coin of the year, but certainly turned into the biggest surprise. I've been upgrading my large cent collection and bid on this guy on eBay. Got it for about $40 if I remember correctly. When I got it in, it showed many signs of a proof strike. I started a thread about it and didn't get too many responses, so I just sent it in. I don't have it back yet, but it has been graded as PR-50. Impaired as it is, still a pretty cool and rare coin for $40. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Please forgive the sad iPhone images, I'll do a better job when I get it back.

cletis faye, jj00, Jwt708 and 8 others like this.
  20. robec

robec Junior Member

I bought over 60 coins this year. I was shocked to see that total. I can't even begin to pick out a favorite. I could probably only pick a favorite of the week.

JPeace$, geekpryde and Chiefbullsit like this.
  21. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

Often we profess love for a recent purchase and I will do just that. HK-780, R-5, 74-200 known for this William Jennings Bryan So-Called dollar that I picked up for @$55 ($30/oz X 1.72 oz + tax) from the "old sterling tray".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cletis faye, jj00, Jwt708 and 7 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted