Post your eBay snipes

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by DJP7x0s, Mar 22, 2013.

1. DJP7x0s

DJP7x0s Sometimes Coins Arouse Me

I love being patient and waiting for the awesome deals. And after spending half the day refreshing newly listed buy it nows, not much is better than getting that great deal. A few days ago, I scored a set of Washington quarters, book number one, 32 coins for $80. That was nice. But I'm feeling even better about this one that I just won a few mins ago. Check it out, let me know what you think. Lets hear a few estimates at how much you think I'll be able to sell it for. I will need more play money ya know.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=321094724705&kw=321094724705

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CBJesse

CBJesse Capped Bust Fanactic

If you get that coin it would be incredible but are you sure its not a stock photo?

4. DJP7x0s

If its a stock photo, I'll return it for being misleading. The only thing that could go wrong is if the seller contacts me and says there was a mistake on the price. Then I would allow him to back out of the deal because I don't want to screw anyone. If he doesn't ask to back out, I can in good conscience, know that someone else would have bought it had I not.

5. DJP7x0s

Look at item number 290884487134 that one just ended seconds after it was listed. The description says how it's a 99 cent starting bid and a no reserve auction. The mistake there was, the seller accidentally did buy it now 99 cents. If I were to win something like that, it would only be to do the seller a favor and ensure someone doesn't try to hold the seller to his mistake. I'd hate for this to happen to me

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I am sorry, when I go to the original listing, I can not enlarge the photo, nor can I find a photo of the reverse.

7. DJP7x0s

Oh dang.... I am on a roll today. 21 walking liberty half dollars buy it now $75

8. DJP7x0s

Ok, the seller on the set of walkers just messaged me with an apology, stating that the buy it now price was a mistake. He says it was intended to be listed at $175, so he would like to refund my money. I wrote back to him saying Dang, I was hoping to not hear from you. But since it was a mistake, I would like to still buy the set, and am willing to send him another $100 to equal his full intended asking price. So I won't make the profit I thought, but that's still a good profit. I'm happy, I think he should also be happy.

9. DJP7x0s

Alright, this guy sucks. I messaged him back right away to let him know that I was ok with sending him another $100 to equal his intended price. His reply was oh ****, I hurried up and relisted it and someone else scooped it up right away. That was before he even bothered to refund my money. He then did refund my money, and the message from paypay states that since it was an instant transfer from my bank account originally, my funds will be on hold for 5-7 business days. This sucks. Some people prob shouldn't be allowed to play with money on eBay. Stay away from that seller, add him to your black list.

10. Pi man

Pi man Well-Known Member

11. DJP7x0s

Awesome. That's a good deal. $3 for two very nice coins. And finding coins that you need for your set is even better. Just be very careful trying to snipe newly listed auctions before anyone else can. Sometime I see really good deals, and try to jump on it before anyone else beats me to it. And I have bought some really foolish stuff that way.

12. InCENTSed

InCENTSed New Member

i got this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261185240517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

not a lot of wiggle room but for about $87 ($1 coins in the auction) i got some nice silver. the guy had it at $79 with BIN of $120. I asked if he would do $95 dlvd and he accepted and changed the listing for me. Got the coins and he got his first feedback.

i think i will start doing this too....i usually just search for a generic listing like the one above...

and on a side note...i was looking through a recent foreign coin purchase ($3 at local auction) and found a 1910 Canadian Quarter (.925 silver) - score!

13. DJP7x0s

14. DJP7x0s

15. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

This could turn into a great thread.

17. DJP7x0s

Treashunt, how have you been. It's nice to see you