Post Your Draped Bust Dollars:

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by coin dog, Feb 6, 2020.

1. coin dog

coin dog Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I wish I could. That's a beautiful coin you have there!! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

4. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

This is one that is on my wish list. Actually, any coin in the draped bust design. The only one I currently have is the Jefferson's Liberty gold. Very nice example you have, @coin dog !

5. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Here my one and only. Also my file notes on this coin:

BB125. Obv: Close Date/Pointed Nine/Normal 8. Rev: Four Berries/Arc Stars/Four Shield Lines.
    Looks like Die State 1, new dies, no cracks. Doubling on date 7 at lower right half of 7-repunched?

DSC_0431-tile.jpg

ldhair, DBDc80, coin dog and 4 others like this.
  6. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Draped bust large cents and half cents are pretty accessible. Don’t give up!

That coin is extraordinarily nice for a VF-30.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  7. Publius2

Publius2 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I got it at FUN 2019 from Brad Karoleff after looking at a half dozen for the best one in or about this grade. The obverse is accurately graded but the reverse is probably the best I've seen in this grade and even those a few points higher are often not as complete. That is one reason why a big show like FUN can be so rewarding - you get to look in hand at a lot of possibilities.

BuffaloHunter and Paul M. like this.
  8. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

Yeah, I keep looking for the perfect one for me. I'm willing to plunk down upwards of a grand so I know I can get a really nice one..........it's just that one hasn't "spoken" to me yet.

Paul M. likes this.
  9. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Draped Bust Halves.jpg

Edit: Whoops! Wrong denomination.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    CircCam, Paul M., coin dog and 3 others like this.
  10. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Yeah, it’s important to find the right coin, especially when you’re willing to put down the equivalent of a month’s rent for a lot of people. If you’re willing to go up to $1500-2000, you could even find yourself a nice Bust dollar and post it in this thread. ;)

Personally, I’m thinking of targeting about $2500-3000 for the one, solitary 1800-1803 Bust dollar I’ll need for my type set. I’ve been doing a lot of looking and watching, but no bidding or buying so far, and I’ve seen XF-40’s I didn’t like as well as @Publius2’s VF-30.

I will also say I pity the wallet of anyone who collects these by die variety. ;)

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  11. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

12. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

[​IMG][​IMG]This one had an old cleaning, but has since retoned.

13. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Beautiful coins in this thread.

I can honestly say I've never had a desire to own one of these, however. I prefere the halves.

14. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

All VF
    1799/8
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    1802/1
    [​IMG]

I have an 1801 and a 1799, too, but I can't get to the pictures at the moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted