Post your Dansco 7070 photos -

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collect89, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I remember some years ago seeing a wonderful Dansco 7070 owned by our CoinTalk member @The_Cave_Troll. Every coin in the collection included a contemporary hole in it. I'll look for an old link.

If you have a 7070, please post some photos. I'll start by posting some nickels & dimes in my book:
    IMG_4885.jpg

Post your virtual 7070 or the real thing.
    Please post 'em if you got 'em.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    C-B-D, ddddd, Islander80-83 and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

My 7070 is empty...my type set got too big for it.

Collect89 and Paul M. like this.
  4. gibsport

gibsport Active Member

I had a pretty good set going but have changed to slabbed coins in the PCGS registry. One of my favorite sets to work on though.

Collect89 likes this.
  5. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

I like seeing the pictures and keep thinking about doing one, but never get around to it. Nice looking set by the way.

6. CLV1

CLV1 New Member

Here are some photos of my set, not the best photos as they were taken with my phone for me to utilize while I was at a show. This set has been a blast to put together and it is still a work in progress. I try to upgrade when I have a chance and the funds available.

IMG_1018.jpg IMG_1030.jpg IMG_1036.jpg IMG_1041.jpg IMG_1047.jpg

7. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Look almost like my set except for the Seated Dollars that I am missing, But overall very nice set you have there.

Collect89 likes this.
  8. usc96

usc96 Junior Member

9. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Awesome 7070 & photos. :) I don't have photos depicting all the coins in my Dansco. My photos are all cropped & missing many of the fun details.

My Dansco half dollars were posted yesterday in a different thread:
    Dansco Half Dollars 1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Islander80-83, dlhill132, NSP and 4 others like this.
  10. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Islander80-83, usc96 and jester3681 like this.
  11. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Thanks muchly for the coin complement.
    Here are the dollars in my 7070:
    Copy of IMG_3466.jpg

Islander80-83, usc96, Whipps and 7 others like this.
  12. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I'd really want to put mine in airtites.
    I'll look into the CAPs albums for their type set. I wonder if they list the same coins? I'll find out...

jester3681 likes this.
  13. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I found it quite impossible to take a good photo depicting all the old copper coins all in one shot in the book. Copper can be enough trouble to shoot one coin at a time. Here is the Draped Bust cent removed from the 7070 and shot in sunlight:
    1803 Cent Reverse Sun 1.jpg
    1803 Cent Obverse Sun 1.jpg

Please feel free to pile-on this thread & post a coin photo from your 7070.

14. Whipps

Whipps Well-Known Member

I just started making this transition. It sucks that half of my slabbed coins are pcgs and half ngc. I don't want to spend the money to get my raw coins grades but I'll trade my ngc's in toward upgrades in pcgs holders.

gibsport likes this.
  15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Too bad my type set is a Littleton :D

16. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I got a decent photo of page #1 with all the copper coins. I was pleasantly surprised that you can see all the old copper in one photo.:)
    Dansco photo 1B.JPG
    The 1859 Indian cent was removed & slabbed some years ago.:(

Islander80-83 and Garlicus like this.
  17. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Here is mine

Attached Files:

jester3681, Collect89 and Whipps like this.
  18. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Here are pages #2 & #3:
    Dansco photo 2B.JPG
    Dansco photo 3B.JPG

19. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Is this thread still active?

20. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Sorry, not the best pictures. After several years, this puppy is done! No gold. I wanted genuine, problem free coins for the more rare, higher dollar ones. I'm not a dealer or grader, so I bought several of those in slabs and broke them out. The below video inspired and motivated me to complete this set and gave me the idea for the last custom page.

I know I know, the Statue of Liberty Commemorative is a cheap clad proof. The reddish spot is light reflection. I found the coin roll hunting. The proof luster is completely gone with no major damage. It actually looks like a business strike, that's why I like it. Plus, I like the coins Obv and Rev design. Enjoy..

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 2.14.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 5.54.58 PM.png IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0072.jpg S20190204_030.jpg

21. CircCam

CircCam Victory

Very nice!!! I’d love to see some closeups of the Capped Bust coinage... looks like some great original CircCams there. Great looking album, well done

Islander80-83 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted