Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Already sold out....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Website says "Out of stock". I'm guessing that means more will be produced -- especially since the mintage is only 23 "so far".

But I'd be thrilled if the "final" mintage stays at 23. (I ordered one last night.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

Anyone want to speculate how the value of this one versus the non-proof clashed die version might progress down the road?

5. COCollector

Down the road in the secondary market, I expect both versions will do well.

After all, how often do you see a pristine clashed Morgan? And I doubt the Chinese (or anyone else) will produce a similar high-quality product.

But which version is the better value? Of course it'll depend on final mintages. But sight-unseen, if I could only get one version, it'd be the proof-like clashed.

After all, it's only an extra $10 (so far).

6. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got this one in today. It looks like a 70 to me, it will be going to ANACS with my fingers crossed.

2017-02-27 15.52-horz.jpg

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

These arrived today, until you see them in hand you have NO idea how beautiful they are. 1917 HR Peace $ A-horz.jpg 1917 2 oz-horz.jpg 2016 Liberty Owl A-horz.jpg

ZoidMeister, Paul M., green18 and 6 others like this.
  8. Easy 70. With all the focus on the 1964 Morgan's and the 1917 Peace issues, these bullion Owls are flying under the radar, just IMO. TC

Johndoe2000$, Chiefbullsit and dwhiz like this.
  9. dwhiz

Those owls are really nice.
    2016 Clark Gruber 41mm Octagon 1.5 oz..jpg 2016 Liberty Owl A-horz.jpg

10. COCollector

11. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

JR is the initials of John Reich, the original designer of the capped bust liberty, which is what I based this design on (with some of my own modifications).

Paul M. and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  12. COCollector

Thanks for the reply.

Somewhere long ago I read about Reich. But nowadays I probably wouldn't have made the connection even if I had remembered.

Yup, getting old.

13. dwhiz

I was checking out my 1917 O/S HR Peace Dollar and now I think I'll call it a 1917-S. 1917 S HR Peace $ A-horz.jpg

14. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

Reeded edge 1oz token. Mintage: 50.
    s-l1600.jpg

15. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Tiny silver owls are now showing OUT OF STOCK. Could 86 be the final mintage on these?

16. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I checked mine........no S.......:(

17. COCollector

86 is listed in "Final Mintage": http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm

And it's a 2016 piece, so I'm guessing no more will be produced. Anyway that's my hope (I have 2 of 'em).

But it doesn't say "Sold Out"... maybe Dan is holding a few for Shows, goodwill giveaways, whatever.

18. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The tiny gold are showing unavailable as well

19. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Does the 'final mintage' mean that he defaces or destroys the die so that it really is the final mintage?

20. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yup

ZoidMeister likes this.
  21. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Yes. It you check on some of the older past mintages for the fantasy dates there are notes under the "current status" that the dies are defaced and scrapped.

ZoidMeister likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted