Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I like Daniel Carr medals, there I said it! Here's a favorite of mine:
    Daniel Carr 2009 Apollo.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheMont

Recent 230- Thanks, I didn't know he made a Liberty Standing Quarter, one of my favorite to collect. I'm heading to his website now, I hope they're still available.

Cascade likes this.
  4. TheMont

By the way, one of the TV Coin Shows is selling a 1964 "Proof Morgan". They did make it like a medal, both the obverse and reverse have the same orientation. They are not calling it a medal they are using the term Specimen.

5. @dwhiz Do you have a link to where I can buy some of those self slabs? Thanks! TC

Dave Waterstraat likes this.
  6. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same. I've only been able to find sellers on ebay that are in China and would prefer to avoid these.:yack:

7. TheMont

Amos Advantage sells slabs, If you subscribe to Coin World you get a discount. AmosAdvantage.com.

8. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

http://stores.ebay.com/Bennys-Hobbi...02481010&_sid=293137150&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

If your in a hurry these are not for you, they ship from Hong Kong, usually about 2 weeks.
    If you order late November you won't see them till after the 1st of the year.
    That said they are really nice and worth the wait.
    It's too bad someone in the states doesn't make a deal with him and import a bunch. I was thinking of doing it myself but at my age I may not last long enough.
    Buy the way they do come with a protective sleeve to protect the slab.
    Just noticed this.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Storage...Mix-your-sz-/122297130953?hash=item1c797a1fc9

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Dave Waterstraat and TopcatCoin like this.
  9. dwhiz

Ok I'm in, but the little owl is to cute to bypass LOL 1917 Peace $.jpg 2016 Clark Gruber 2-grams 999 SILVER, satin, Reeded Edge a-horz.jpg .

10. dwhiz

I've used them too, but I do like the white better. 5c Centennial-tile.jpg

11. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Same here. If these were available with a white insert it would be a no-brainer. I never seem to have any luck buying from outside the US. Most recently I waited over 30 days for an FD-M42 adapter from China only to have it not ship. There was not a one available from the states at the time I pulled that trigger.

dwhiz likes this.
  12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Here is a Daniel Carr business card from about 8 years ago. At the time, the 2017 election was way-off in the future. ;)
    Daniel Carr Business Card.jpg

13. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  14. Earle42

Earle42 Member

Two of my favorites 1964D_FranklinHalf_OBV_SM_opt.jpg 1964D_FranklinHalf_REV_1.JPG 1970_Ike_framed_OBV_sq.jpg 1970_Ike_framed_REV.jpg

15. TheMont

Be careful, I've made two different orders from China recently, on eBay, and eBay notified me that I would receive a refund and the orders were cancelled. I don't know why they did this, unless they are cracking down on China Sellers. One of the orders wasn't for coins or currency, so it couldn't have been for counterfeiting.

16. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

There's a lot more counterfeits coming out of China besides just coins and currency...

17. dwhiz

This seller is very reliable, everyone I've purchased has arrived.
    So it will be fun to watch who delivers first MLM or slab guy.
    I did order the slabs right after I ordered the tokens.

18. dwhiz

19. Earle42

Earle42 Member

Not too many Franklins come up for resale either. Admittedly, back then I got two. One to keep, and one to let escalate in price until I could get something like a 1972 DDO cent or other semi key in that price range. Its getting close!

20. dwhiz

Good Luck, I hope you get it.

21. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got my tiny gold owl last night. Was in a hurry when I did this photo. I'll get a better one this weekend. Cool piece with a very low mintage, about 50 I think.

2017-02-02 15.34-horz.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted