Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Me too:jawdrop:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think I would buy one if it was more similar to a peace or morgan overstrike.. in other words, not wings or shield, overstruck on an original with just a fantasy date.

4. dwhiz

I like wings Wings.jpg

TopcatCoin and baseball21 like this.
  5. dwhiz

I got 2 out of 3, that's not bad.:rolleyes:

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  6. Exskywarrior

Exskywarrior Well-Known Member

I have looked high & low for this coins birthplace. No Joy!!!
    Maybe it’s a D.C. coin??? EF8F8820-7445-40DE-99D5-3B8D7B94005A.jpeg 2ACD4639-8709-40EB-B4BC-1D3C53F820F8.jpeg

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  7. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

The O/S on an original Saint has my attention.
    I'd chop off my little toe for a triple struck sun....:cool:....did you hear that Dan?

dwhiz and felinfoel like this.
  8. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Dan did do a fantasy proof overstrike for that unreleased year, but I haven't seen a reverse proof for that year. May not be Dan's. ????

9. Maybe it’s the wine, but that 9 in 2009 looks a bit funky to me. TC

dwhiz likes this.
  10. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

That is not one that I produced.
    It appears to be an ordinary 2009 Silver Eagle that was heavily polished, then had a mask applied (to cover some of the devices), then sand-blasted, then the mask removed.

11. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Sorry but I wouldn't trade one for your little toe, or even your whole foot :wacky:

At this point I don't know if a "MCMVI" Winged Liberty over-strike on a normal Saint-Gaudens would even work. But I will give it a try once I get a couple to test with.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  12. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I am going to try the "1934" as a fantasy-date over-strike. I already have the dies. But I don't know yet how it will turn out. If it works, I will make that one a product.

PS:
    I won't be doing any of the "1933" over-strikes because one of the originals has been issued by the US Treasury. I could do a gold "1933" struck on a 1-troy-oz 999 gold blank if I used either the "DOUBLE EAGLE" or "NOT LEGAL TENDER" reverse die. I wouldn't do a "1933" with the "Twenty Dollars" reverse. But I will attempt a "1934" over-strike using the "TWENTY DOLLARS" reverse die.

Pickin and Grinin and jwitten like this.
  13. jwitten

Very cool! any idea on price yet??

14. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I won't decide that until I see how they come out (and how hard they are to produce). If it appears likely that there will be a lot of rejects to scrap (melt) along the way, the price for issued pieces will be higher.

jwitten likes this.
  15. jwitten

I just picked up a few MS63 graded Gaudens while ebay and apmex had a good deal going on...

16. dwhiz

It has a train, I couldn't resist, made offer and it was accepted.
    Sell claims "26 of them were burnished to have a circulated appearance"
    Who knows. Hey maybe @dcarr
    2006 Nevada Pattern Quarter.jpg
    Sellers image, I'll do mine upon receipt.

17. I like it and also thought about buying it as well. I passed though because there is no listing of any "burnished" versions on the Moonlight Mint website. Did you get a certificate with it? Hope @darr says it's a rarity and not "burnished" post Moonlight Mint. TC

Cascade and dwhiz like this.
  18. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Ended up getting the last 3 to complete the Merlin Set I wanted to build. One each of the copper and brass, all of the silver pieces including the Morgan and Ike O/S pieces, totaling 12 Merlin Tokens.

These are my photos of the last 3 coins still in the original flips. Took a little over a year to complete it. Off to ANACS next month.

2018-03-28 14.22.15 - Copy.jpg 2018-03-28 14.18.02.jpg 2018-03-28 14.16.29.jpg 2018-03-28 14.18.23.jpg 2018-03-28 14.16.05.jpg 2018-03-28 14.15.24.jpg 2018-03-28 14.14.33.jpg 2018-03-28 14.12.48.jpg

19. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm taking a pass on this one.

baseball21 likes this.
  20. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Circulated 1915 Set:
    1915 Mercury Dime
    1915-D Standing Liberty Quarter
    1915-S Walking Liberty Half Dollar

No editing, what you see is what it be like...;)...should have used the tripod...:(.
    I see a belly button.

2018-03-31 06-vert.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted