Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

4. jwitten

I have a new piece on the way to me soon... don't want to post it until it arrives though. Pretty excited about this one!

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

C'mon man, how about a hint?

6. jwitten

pm sent

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Ah hem, ex-quese me, baking powder. My pm is working just fine yet I have nothing in my inbox. Hmmmmm

jwitten likes this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

Private Messages are more fun when they are posted on the public forums for all to see...:p

ZoidMeister, Chiefbullsit and jwitten like this.
  9. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Got them back from ANACS yesterday, welcome home.

2017-09-28 00.21.19F.jpg

2017-09-28 00.25.52.jpg

green18, Johndoe2000$, ddddd and 7 others like this.
  10. jwitten

Was that solar eclipse one with a hologram? If so, they need to start adding that to the label!

11. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

I believe that is one of the 15 Flat Edge. Anacs is using the term Plain Edge to differentiate from rounded edge.

jwitten likes this.
  12. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  13. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

It's the Round Edge with the hologram. ANACS forgot to put it on the label. I'll send it back for correction on my next submission.

I sent my latest submission by Registered Mail last Saturday. It's traveled 150 miles in 5 days....:banghead:. My last 3 submissions have been delayed in Atlanta for days. Heck, next time I'll just drive them up there and stop by and see Dan...woo woo !!

14. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Bought this 2013 Hard Time Token for $22, I like the toning on it.

2017-10-03 12.32-horz.jpg

ZoidMeister, Rassi, jwitten and 2 others like this.
  15. Found this image of a 1966 morgan dollar DLOGfC5X0AAOr8T.jpg-large.jpeg on pinterest, I can't seem to find the real thing on eBay.

16. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Unusual date.

17. Andy Fisher

Andy Fisher New Member

thumbnail.jpeg
    If the price is right they will make any coin you want.

Pickin and Grinin and jwitten like this.
  18. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Can you post a link to it here ?
    Somebody has taken my copyrighted photograph of a "1964" over-strike and "photoshopped" it to make it look like a "1966". If they are using it to market their own product(s), then I want to confront them about it.

19. Are you the real Daniel Carr? And since you say the image is photoshopped that would explain why I can't find it on eBay. Can you make the coin for us?

20. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes.

Technically, it would be possible to make a piece like that.
    However, "fantasy-date over-strikes" are my own domain and product line. So I don't think I would consider making one exclusively for somebody else. But if I were to make some on my own, I could sell a bulk lot of them. Is there any particular reason for "1966" ? There are a lot of other fantasy-date Morgan Dollars that would seem to make more sense, such as "1877", "1905", "1920", etc.

21. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Right when I just saw the photo I knew instantly it was an altered Photo of one of your 64d Morgan's. Looks like the entire date was was replaced not just the last digit.

Draft saved Draft deleted