Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Yes. It was a joke

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. This is not a real coin but it would be cool if custom dated coins could be ordered up for events such as birthdays, anniversaries, and other special events. Who wants to make a 1988 Peace Dollar? 149935245038579.jpeg

4. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Fun idea. But I vote a hard "NO".

It feels wrong for a fantasy overstrike -- especially co-opting the 1917 broken-sword Peace Dollar design, which has it's own historical & numismatic significance.

Instead, for an important event I'd rather have a unique design. See Moonlight Mint's Custom Minting Services.

Lots of examples: Club Medals and Commemorative Medals.

5. 1966-Peace-Dollar-90-silver-COPY-COIN-FREE-SHIPPING.jpg Custom dated coins like this would need some edge lettering or something saying it's fake so no one will try to sell it to a coin dealer for big money. Check out this 1966 peace dollar picture I found on a China website, looks like it's sold out.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Was it struck from another Peace Dollar? If it was, it doesn't NEED the "COPY" stamp. [He ducks to evade flying rotten fruit.]

The real irony is a 1966 "Peace" dollar. Wasn't VietNam about at peak violence around then?

7. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

Since the types that are struck were never struck by the US mint, they get by without the "COPY." They are billed as fantasy pieces, not replicas.

8. V. Kurt Bellman

Only if they're struck on real U.S. coins as recycled "blanks". Otherwise, from "virgin" blanks, they're still subject to the "COPY' requirement. Danny has carved out a very narrow exception here. The "blanks" have to be real coins, and the dates he strikes for them cannot exist in real coins. Both aspects must be present. Missing either one creates the problem.

9. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I certainly wouldn't, but that's just me. Considering precedent set, if you and/or others like them, why not?

10. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Also a hard no for me too. If anyone can just order up any date in any amount they would really just become overpriced bullion

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Is there really any other kind? A bunch of analysts are now jumping on the "metals are gonna crash" bandwagon.

12. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Thought I'd share how my 2oz Broken Sword is coming along. Its been sitting out for about 3 month or so now. I decided to just let it sit out to see how it would tone since ANACS won't slab them. It's always a crapshoot but needless to say I'm really digging the progress. Was unsure how it would go with the matte type finish...

20170710_192522_HDR~2.jpg

13. ddddd

ddddd Member

That's really nice!

Your next goal :p:
    https://forums.collectors.com/discu...ed-cardboard-toning-formerly-waffle-toning/p1

14. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

15. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Hard to capture the hologram, but it is there. TC

IMG_0190.JPG

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  17. robec

robec Junior Member

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Cripes Bob.....what's going on.....................?

19. IMG_0209.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  20. robec

robec Junior Member

I thought DC's cancelled die with heavy clashing on both sides was too cool to pass up.

BTW- I love the Marvin Gaye video.

green18 likes this.
  21. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

(HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

IS there a penalty if you post elsewhere?

Draft saved Draft deleted