Post your Dan Carr tokens (HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE)!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by C-B-D, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

What category is that one listed under?

Paul M. likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

4. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Paul M. likes this.
  5. Rassi

Found it - sadly it's sold out.

6. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

His dad worked in the early days of the space program I believe so he holds a special place for space related stuff which bleeds into his art. Really hope he wins the contest! I bet that would make his year.

Fyi, when buying his 2001 prototype beware of fakes. If the face in the mask is large and cartoonish it's a counterfeit. Notice how the face on his authentic ones is very subtle.

Paul M. likes this.
  7. Aquahollic

Aquahollic ֍ E Pluribus Unum ֎

Both were delivered today. My first and only DCs.

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  8. jwitten likes this.
  9. It's amazing that 340 of the 2019 version were made last year and sold out, and I have not seen one hit the secondary market yet at least not on eBay. Makes me think that people are holding these to see if Daniel wins the contest. If his design wins, I would bet these will be worth a tad more than the $30 issue price. TC :)

Paul M. and Cascade like this.
  10. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I think the astronaut coins would look better without a face in the mask. Anytime you see an astronaut in space, you cannot see their face (reflective helmet).

Paul M. likes this.
  11. I felt the same way about the online pics, but it looks great in hand. I hope the design gets selected for the moon landing commemorative.

Paul M. likes this.
  12. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

I list all the things I am aware of that mimic my work and/or are erroneously attributed as being my work. The "Mr. Bill" astronaut pieces are at the bottom of this page: http://www.moonlightmint.com/fakes.htm

13. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

14. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Got my PL clasher the other day. Boy did I have a tough time trying to photograph it well with the mirrored fields while also trying to show the extensive clashing and cameo. These are SICK! Might have to try to grab another if he does put a few more up! I expect a rush though once it's posted on the forums that the last batch is available again.

20170304_193627_HDR~2.jpg 20170304_193130_HDR~2.jpg 20170304_193244_HDR~2.jpg 20170304_192711_HDR~2.jpg 20170304_192741_HDR~2.jpg

15. murty

murty Junior Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Received this on Saturday

Attached Files:

dwhiz, Chiefbullsit and TopcatCoin like this.
  16. Rassi

The Prooflike Morgan clashes are back in stock right now. Get'em while they're hot!

Paul M., jwitten and Cascade like this.
  17. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

18. Rassi

BTW I just looked and final mintage for the Die 2 PL clashed Morgans is 92.

19. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Only 23 left out of 40 when I checked an hour ago. I doubt they'll last much longer

Paul M. likes this.
  20. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Got one, thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted