Post Your Commemorative Half Dollars (1892-1954)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by WingedLiberty, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

any Boone fans out there ?>

Attached Files:

4. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

Some gorgeous coins and photos!!
    Keep em coming.

5. djaeon

djaeon Member

I really like those Panama Exposition commemoratives. The Zoological Society of San Diego was formed out of the remnants of the animal area of the 1915 expo, and another one of my collections is dedicated to antique San Diego Zoo memorabilia.

6. u4ia

u4ia Member

I picked this one up last month, it's not the prettiest, but it cost me $12.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. u4ia

u4ia Member

I have really come to appreciate Early Halves. I am slowly adding to my collection of them when I find a nice price for a nice piece. Patience really pays off :) With the exception of the one I posted above, I try to look for white coins at a minimum of MS64. The one in my avitar is still my favorite. Thanks WingedLiberty for starting this thread, and thanks to all for the great photos!

dwhiz likes this.
  8. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0798.JPG

One of my favorites.

California Pacific International Expo - 1936 D/D

RickieB likes this.
  9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Sure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Breakdown

Breakdown Member

Some nice coins. Paul, your Antietam is nice, but I'd take that San Diego first. A beauty.

I am just starting my jouney into collecting commem's. Here's my first:

[​IMG]

11. fishfinder

fishfinder Junior Member

Ah breakdown having some coin envy i am.:devil:

Attached Files:

12. krispy

krispy krispy

Fantastic toners guys! Love how these classic commems tone!

13. connor1

connor1 Collector

14. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Chris,

Funny story about that Antietam. I was very distraught about letting the Anaconda Antietam slip through my fingers that I became desperate to find one of similar quality. Here is a photo of the the Anaconda coin.

[​IMG]

Well along comes Leeg one day on the CS forum and he posts this coin. I tell him that if he ever sells it, consider me interested. Sure enough, he sold it to me. The coin was in CRO's (Coin Rarities Online) inventory at one time. I don't know if Lee bought it from CRO or if it passed hands a few times. How lucky are they to have Mark Goodman as their photographer. And how lucky was I to get this great coin.

[​IMG]

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

For the record, I think yours is nicer than the Anaconda specimen. Being from the MD suburbs of DC, I had visited the battlefield on several occasions in my early years, so if you ever decide to sell.........

Attached Files:

16. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I like it! Every time I happen across a nicely toned OT at auction, it always sells for much more than I can afford. They always look so much nicer with some color to them.

Chris

17. connor1

connor1 Collector

Is this happening to anyone else ,you use photobucket & post 6 images & when you go to look at them only 4 or less post.never happened in the old CT format.Anyway here are the Texax & California Front & backs that didn't post.This has happened to me in the Paper Money Forum,also maybe their just getting the kinks out of the new forum uploader ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. connor1

connor1 Collector

Chris[/QUOTE]
    Beautiful Chis !!!!

19. connor1

connor1 Collector

Yes the Antietam photos is magnificent But the other two are just as nice:thumb::thumb::thumb:

20. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

wow nice ~~ Illike that toning

21. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Found this in a roll...Still my favorite.

Attached Files:

Lon Chaney likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted