Post your coins that have pedigree to famed collection

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by panzerman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

I shall start the ball rolling....
    AV 8 Escudos
    Famed Norweb Collection colombia-republic-eight-escudos-1825jf-2774203-XL.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

I think your entire collection will be more appropriate to be named the great panzerman collection ;)

Seba79, talerman, Pellinore and 7 others like this.
  4. Ruthlankford68

Ruthlankford68 Active Member

That is a very pretty coin. I have never seen one so thank you for showing it.

coin_nut and panzerman like this.
  5. panzerman

Thanks for kind words! Here is another from famed Terner Collection....
    France/ Feudal
    Orange
    AV Florin ND
    Raymond V 1370-90
    Orange Mint
    MS-62
    Terner Coll. france-orange-prince-raymond-iii-5675907-XL.jpg

6. fred13

fred13 Junior Member Supporter

Heres one I quite like and one of the few ancients I own. The problem is I have no idea who my Greek friend Dimitriadis was/is

lf (3).jpg lf (2).jpg

7. panzerman

Great coin fred13:)
    I have the Heritage catalogue from that collection. He had a super duper Eastern Roman Empire/ Byzantine collection. I bid on 3 coins/ my bids where way off....too low:(

John

8. fred13

fred13 Junior Member Supporter

Lovely Coin. A nice colombian escudo of any denomination has been on my want list for a while

9. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

Eric Newman collection.

GerBru170509.jpg

10. Ruthlankford68

I'd love to own something like that. Lucky you. I'm envieus panzerman

11. Ruthlankford68

I was always told not to ask the cost of anything I can't buy, but I'm curious if I ever will. Lol

panzerman likes this.
  12. panzerman

I find that a lot. People will look at a coin and ask the value. I usually appreciate its beautifull design, history, pedigree.

13. panzerman

Here is one from collection of Baron Von Bruck
    AV 4 Tari d'oro ND Messina Mint (2 known) b04714f3bab2d04086df2acf85568198.jpg
    Konrad IV Von Hohenstaufen 1250-54
    King of Sicily/ Germany

14. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

1446-Cologne-I-79 - Copy.jpg 1412-I11-Aachen.jpg 14970-ii358a.jpg
    These three pieces are from the David Cervin collection. He had an
    extensive pre 1501 AD dated collection. It was sold in 2003.

15. Ruthlankford68

I first did exactly that. The value. But I'm beginning to look at coins differently. I can't say idc about value but I care more about just having something nice. Something I like. Just don't know if I'll ever afford anything like these nice coins. They look like they cost thousands. They are all very nice. Maybe I'll start looking at history. Thank for showing.

Pellinore and panzerman like this.
  16. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Wow, that one is awesome. I've been wanting a Wildman, but alot of the time they are poorly struck. This looks nicer than some of the AU or MS examples.

panzerman and Chris B like this.
  17. panzerman

Here is one from Friedrich Popken collection.
    Salzburg
    AV 2 Dukaten 1582
    Jakob Johann Khuen Von Belasi
    Archbishop of Salzburg under HRE Rudolf II b-johann-jakob-khuen-von-belasi-268511-XL.jpg

18. PeterD

PeterD Member

Anthemius.jpg
    A solidus of Anthemius (467-472). Actually from two famous collections.
    It is from the Bramhall Collection, a gift from Robert Bridge. It's Robert Bridge who is really interesting:-

Robert Bridge (1904-1997) was a gifted linguist - fluent in German, Italian, and French - who found application for his talents in Britain's secret intelligence service. He spent WWII in military intelligence and after the war became Berlin station chief for MI6. Among his more interesting assignments can be mentioned his interrogation of the infamous Gestapo chief of Rome, Herbert Kappler, who was captured by the British while unsuccessfully trying to seek refuge in the Vatican. Berlin in the immediate post war period was a focal point for espionage, and in much later years Bridge would privately describe experiences that seem straight out of John le Carré - the secret station office entered through what appeared to be an ordinary shop, late night meetings in a cemetery with an eastern source, and his abiding anger toward one of the "Cambridge Spies" with whom he had worked and whom he blamed for many deaths.

Bridge was also one of the most prominent 20th century English collectors of Byzantine coins, and began collecting in earnest around the 1960s. Many coins from his collection are cited in MIB 1 and 2, and 18 of his coins are illustrated on the plates. In 1990, he donated to the British Museum 274 Byzantine coins previously unrepresented in the national collection (including a solidus of the revolt of Heraclius). Much of his remaining collection was sold in a 1990 Glendining's sale (catalogued by Baldwin's), Byzantine Coins from the R.N. Bridge Collection. Anthemius.jpg

Seba79, dlhill132, TuckHard and 9 others like this.
  19. panzerman

Great coin, historical facts, thanks for sharing.

20. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

G
    reat post, @panzerman ! I may have a few coins from old collections but this is a fairly recent purchase of mine. It’s from David Hendin’s collection and appeared in his most recent book: Guide to BIBLICAL COINS FIFTH EDITION

JUDAEA_DOMITIAN.jpg

Seba79, dlhill132, TuckHard and 3 others like this.
  21. panzerman

From the Adams Collection.... IMG_0647.JPG IMG_0650.JPG IMG_0648.JPG

Seba79, dlhill132, TuckHard and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted