Post your Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by snaz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

nice!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Harry Behemoth

Harry Behemoth Junior Member

I really like the proof silver canadian nickels...this one has a mintage of 5000 -

2010 Canada nickel.jpg

4. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Canada 1935 One Dollar

Beautiful coins everyone.
    I see bartokk is the only one to post the 1935 Dollar, one of my favorite modern Canadian coins.
    Beautiful coins bartokk, very nice collection. Your 1935 Dollar looks very nice, and great 1872 25c.
    gbroke: Great looking 1920 Large cent, and very nice 1858 Large cent as well.

Here are just a few from my collection, nothing fancy, just some of my favorites that I have photos of:
    First up is an 1899 Large Cent of Queen Victoria.
    Second photo is a 1908 Large Cent of Edward VII.
    Third and fourth are a 1935 Dollar of George V, obverse and reverse - I took these photos through the coin flip I have it in.
    Lastly an 1894 Newfoundland silver 10 cents of Queen Victoria.

Attached Files:

5. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I wasn't disappointed. The coin is beautiful. Since this thread started I actually sold every Canada Half I had except for this one. I needed the money to pursue my goal of finishing up my Dansco 7070. The Canadians are the first to go :(

Also, some very nice coins in this thread. A great range of years and types. I love it!

6. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

P/l

Glad to hear it, it is a nice looking coin. I do love the 'prooflike' Canadians.
    Here is a 1964 Dollar, a 1967 Dollar and lastly a 1966 Half Dollar.

Attached Files:

7. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Beautiful! I love the Goose on the '67's. Well I am assuming it is a Canadian Goose.

I swear, Canadian coins always seem to look so much nicer than U.S. Coins. Meaning, when I look through a bunch of change for example, and there are Canadian coins in there, they just stand out so much more. They all seem to be prooflike for the most part with strong strikes.

8. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Geese

I love the goose reverse as well, in fact I have a goose myself, not a Canadian Goose though. However he looks slightly similar in some ways.
    He is actually a domestic African or Chinese goose, and has mellowed out now that he has gotten older, he still acts tough sometimes,
    and with a massive 7 foot plus wingspan, he could seriously hurt someone if he wanted to.
    They bite and clamp on with their beak, while using the top hardest part of their wings to batter you, and it is very painful.
    Of course I also didn't know that geese live 30+ years when we adopted him......

I have noticed alot of the Canadian coins seem to have prooflike, or semi-prooflike strikes. I like them, and I always liked the 1967 series, especially the goose.

Here are some photos of my goose with his harem of ducks. In the first one, they are cleaning themselves in the pool, while he stands guard, beautiful isn't he?
    In the second one you can see the male white peking duck looking angrily at the goose through the fence....
    that male duck would attack that goose every chance he got, even though the goose would always beat him up and even ended up injuring both his
    legs so badly he was unable to walk, but even then the male duck still tryed to crawl towards the goose to bite and attack him....
    I guess he felt protective of the ducks the goose hangs out with..... I need a female goose, but I must find a friendly one....
    and when I got this goose I was 'assured' it was a female....

Attached Files:

9. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

10 cents 1967. I like this design.

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
  10. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

1 cent 1967. Flying bird.

Attached Files:

• 95.jpg
      95.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 96.jpg
      96.jpg
      File size:
      27.7 KB
      Views:
  11. bobbylena

bobbylena New Member

New here and to coins but figured I would share a couple of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Me too, it is one of my favorite designs of the 1967 series.... I think my number one favorite of the 1967s is either the Lynx or the Goose,... they are tied for first with the fish as the second favorite. I must have a dozen of the 1967 dimes, only a few really nice ones, and also a couple nice P/L ones that are in sets.
    Fun thread.

Here are some 1967 dimes I like from my collection:
    (the thing above the '7' in the '1867-' on the second example is just a piece of hair or something, not a scratch.)

Attached Files:

13. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Heres one I found while looking through a bunch of cents I bought a year ago. Yes I posted it somehwere in CT already, but too bad!

cann.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  14. pk_boomer

pk_boomer Junior Member

Here's my '35 I just picked up a couple months ago:

1935obv.jpg 1935rev.jpg

15. daship

daship Member

Rex - I love the 67 Canadian Coins too.

My Uncle left me a 66 and 67 Proof set when he passed. Pics attached.

Side question - Can anyone tell me if the coloring on the packaging has any effect on the value of the set?

67 Canadian Proof Rer.jpg 66 Proof Frot.jpg
    67 Canadian Proof Front.jpg

Attached Files:

16. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Very nice 1935 dollar bartok. I always liked that type because it was the first Canadian Silver Dollar of the time, and also it has a bust of George V unique to Canadian coins. It looks to me like the bust that was used on the New Zealand coins of the time.

and yep, the 1967's sure are fun! I like them alot. As far as your question about the packaging, I think it might have some effect on value, just due to looks. But as long as all the coins are fine, which they appear to be, then I don't think it will have a large impact on value with collectors. Very nice coin sets you have daship.

17. bartokk1

bartokk1 New Member

Thanks I love that bust on the 35' rex but they changed it the following year and I agree with you about the markings on the proof sets very little impact if coins are intact. I'll have to search New Zealand coins you could be right about that bust

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

19. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Bartok, yeah in 1936 they used the bust that had been used on the quarters and such, and on coins of alot of other British Commonwealth countries.... I am not sure if the bust on the NZ coins is the same as the '35 Canada Dollar, but here are some photos of the bust one of my coins from New Zealand. The titles are different of course, but note the similarities..... kinda hard to tell since none of my NZ coins are as high quality as your or my 1935 Canada Dollar. Another thing I like about the 1935 Dollar is the unique 25th anniversary of reign titles on the obverse.... pretty cool.

Attached Files:

20. maggie123

maggie123 maggie123

hi metal detecting finds

i noticed alot of the nice coins found metal detected are in great shape. they must have been
    cleaned as there are no traces of dirt any where. am i correct? as i have found coins before detecting but they were alot more dirty and when i posted a few months ago
    that i cleaned one. some people got pretty nasty and bashed me because of it.. very nice coins i must say. cheers

21. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

1973 NS half penny rev.jpg 1973 NS half penny date.jpg 1973 NS halp penny obv.jpg
    I am not sure what a 1/2 would but even buy in 1973.
    but just keep it show a 1/2 penny's were made in the 1900's

Draft saved Draft deleted