Post your Canadian coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by snaz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Here is a new picture. Hey Snaz, let me know if theres something I can look at through the loupe to help identify the variety.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Here is my earliest uncirculated (In my opinion).
    [​IMG]

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Nice 1925 there ikan(nick or not). One of the 4 dates i am missing!

5. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Well snaz, you have rekindled my love of canadian coins. They kind of went to the wayside while I pursued the U.S. stuff, and went through a big silver phase. I forgot I even had a bunch of Canadian half dollars. I also am trying to photo every coin I have. So, no time like the present!
    For those who haven't seen the half dollars, here are the three types from 1911+. Some beautiful designs!

1911-36 (George V)
    [​IMG]

1937-52 (George VI)
    [​IMG]

1953-date (Elizabeth II)
    [​IMG]

edit: Wanted to add, that the size changed in 1968 from 29.72 mm to 27.13 mm

6. snaz

snaz Registry fever

wow, so those are very difficult to classify. They all look so similar. I think I'd say OB6 (obverse Die, Die used on 1.33% of 1858 cents) and RC8 (reverse Die, Die used on 2% of 1858 cents) . I think I'm fairly confident on the Reverse Die, but the Obverse I want to say OB1, but apparently, according to the literature I have on hand that isn't possible. And the closest Obverse Die I can find is OB6 out of the possible Obverse Dies.

7. snaz

snaz Registry fever

Nice Halves gbroke and once again.. great photos! And that rocks your getting interested again in some Canadian coins. Heres a fairly new one to my collection... I haven't got around to giving this one a bath yet, I should do that soon though. It needs it.

1936 half Obv.jpg 1936 Half Rev.jpg

8. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Yeah I really dig the halves. I am about to buy a few uncirculated: 1938, 1939, 1940.
    Thanks a lot snaz! lol

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Awesome Snaz. I will mark it as OB6/RC8! Thats more info than I would ever gather. Thank you so much.

10. jack_pot

jack_pot New Member

11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I just picked up this beauty for $10 on ebay! Hope it looks this nice when I receive it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Simms

Simms Tactile History

My mint set cent.

Attached Files:

spirityoda likes this.
  13. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

sweeeeeet!

14. bartokk1

bartokk1 New Member

005.jpg 004.jpg 003.jpg 002.jpg 002.jpg here's a few!

spirityoda likes this.
  15. bartokk1

bartokk1 New Member

005.jpg 003.jpg 009.JPG 013.JPG 010.jpg and a few more

16. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I have a coins from about 200 countries.

17. bartokk1

bartokk1 New Member

last one,I promise and everybody has beautiful coins thanks for sharing!! 001.JPG

18. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

I have too many to photo, but here are some old ones. I have about a roll of silver dimes and quarters plus some halves and dollars and scores of nickels and pennies. Here are two large pennies, and a silver 5cent.

Attached Files:

19. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Here is the 1910 5 Cent...looks like it might be a round leaf, but I'm not really sure...

Attached Files:

20. bartokk1

bartokk1 New Member

001.JPG 002.jpg one of my favorites

21. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Here's my oldest Canadian coin, a 1929 George V Small Cent:

IMG_1054.jpg IMG_1055.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted