Post your Barber Images

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Elbesaar, Jun 17, 2010.

1. The Beatles

The Beatles Member

I have none so far, but expect to get some in the near future. I love the barber designs. I'll post as soon as I get some.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Please do, we love seeing them!

4. Drjones266

Drjones266 Money Never Sleeps

Oh my god... :) :)

5. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

This thread has been deactivated for a while, glad to see some action back on here.

6. JustMy2Cents

JustMy2Cents New Member

Hopefully we can get this thread going again, so here's a couple of Barbers:
    1901_Dime_Obv_Rev.jpg
    1914_Half_Obv_Rev.jpg
    Let's see some more, shall we?

7. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

A recent addition to my "better than good, 8 bucks and under" quarter set. It's not growing very fast, I don't actively seek them but if I happen across them I snatch them up.

Attached Files:

8. JustMy2Cents

JustMy2Cents New Member

That's a nice Barber for less than $8! It sounds like a fun challenge. :thumb:

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

This one baffles me a little. The reverse is all original with nice surfaces and luster. But the obverse appears to have been cleaned, unless I'm reading it wrong.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  10. Greg, my take on that quarter. The remnants left on the obverse of that coin make me think it was very gunky hence the cleaning of the obverse only. Another thing may be that since folders were used quite commonly the obverse was always the surface showing and may have need to be wiped every once in a while to keep that shiny fresh look.

11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Thanks LP, that makes sense.

12. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

A couple back from NGC with similar Dansco toning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  13. Bought this one at a coin show earlier this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  14. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

Here in a 1908 O quarter. PCGS thought is was only worth a 63, but I always liked it :)

[​IMG][​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  15. Resurrection!

Here some halves I picked up over the last few weeks. The 98-O has a real dark patina, and most collectors don't like it. I have no problem with it because I think it adds to the history of the coin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  16. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Nice coins - glad to see this one back up.

17. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

I wanted to see if I could take any decent photos with my phone - so pulled out a few coins just to see. I didn't mess with settings and took these with natural light which is fading fast. I think I may have posted at least one of these before - but don't recall

1892 quarter - Obverse has been cleaned obviously but not sure why they didn't do the reverse. the coin had been in an old 2x2 for at least 40 years according to the man I got it from.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1915 quarter - one of the better coins from a collection of mostly slick coins

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1899 half - forget where it came from - I think this was in a group of random coins/paper I bough at a yard sale

Do you guys think the ding at 2 o'clock is deep enough to bag it? It's close to the denticles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been out of it for a few months but will have some newps to post here in the next week or 2 I suspect

Attached Files:

x115 likes this.
  18. Thanks for posting the coins. Are you wearing a red shirt taking these pics? :D

The 99, is a crap shoot. I have seen it go either way. I sent in one that was into the deticles and they slabbed it and one that was barely a hit that they didn't. I'm of the opinion that one won't because it looks to have been filed. They are pretty consistent with that on barbers. Not so much seated libertys.

19. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

I sure am. I didn't even think of that and although I don't see the reflection due to my color blindness I'm guessing it's there

20. Not enough people here appreciate the challenge...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

x115 likes this.
  21. LionelR

LionelR Supporter! Supporter

Great halves, Log Potato!
    -L

Draft saved Draft deleted