Post your 2009 collectible bills here plz!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tbudwiser, Aug 26, 2011.

1. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

sounds like a case of Murphy's law

One teller I encountered today had a few BEP straps of $1s. B28335555B was the only interesting serial in either of them.
    I could get more B-B's for someone interested.
    Got B46273333C a few days ago.

As for circulated stuff, got another lightly circulated A Run 2 star

A sighting of the as-yet-unreported FE block: http://forums.wheresgeorge.com/showpost.php?p=4842333&postcount=1519

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Found this trinary Chicago note, while strap searching this weekend. It's the only thing even remotely interesting that I've found, so far. It's been one of those slow weekends, where everything I'm finding is boring.

This note is nice, though, and it's got a cool serial. :)

09chitown1.jpg

4. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Almost a repeater too but not quite there. Still, it's a nice find. :)
    -tbud

5. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Yeah, if it wasn't for that pesky last 9, in the serial, I'd have myself a nice trinary repeater. Oh well, it's still a trinary, and a nice one at that.

Most of the '09 G-A block $1's I find these days, are moderately to heavily circulated. This one seems to have been treated well, during it's time out in the wild.

6. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

All the '09 $1 LA's I see already look like they've been heavily circulated. It just wears out too fast...

7. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

decided to reduce my crisp consecutive run collection from 10 to 5.
    offered some of the A-blocks to tbudwiser through PM, about to post about the rest in the sale forum

just got some AU FB's, and have some CU LF's on the way.

found a non-2009 #1635, seeing if the LI guy still has the #1635 to go with it

8. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

just got a CU LD singleton and 5 CU consecutive A Run 2 stars from ForTHEkids.

9. jcakcoin

jcakcoin New Member

It isn't really special, but I found a Series 2009 $10 (B-A) a few months ago

10. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Ehhh I forgot to mention on this thread that I finally found my '09 $1 A*:D, from run 2. I found it a few days ago...

11. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

I found the bottom note, while strap searching, today. '09 Boston star. I'm actually kind of surprised by now beat up it is, already.

Please pay no mind to the '06 $5. :)

Bostonstar&065.jpg

12. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Tbudwiser,

I picked up a strap of choice 2009 $1 BD block . Are you looking for any runs from this block?
    Derek

13. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I just got this one yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. WEG

WEG Interested

I just found my first two 2009 series in circulation a couple weeks ago. Nothing special so I spent them, but sure seemed to take a long time to finally see any.

15. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Yeah, it's weird. I have some friends out in rural Oklahoma, who didn't even know series 2009 notes had been printed. The newest they had seen, was '06.

On the other hand, I live near Boston, and 2009 notes are everywhere.
    So much so, that I'm sick of the GD things. :D

I guess it makes sense, though. The closer you are to a major metropolitan area, the more likely it is you would see new/the most recent series notes first.

Draft saved Draft deleted