Post your 2009 collectible bills here plz!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tbudwiser, Aug 26, 2011.

1. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Found this K-E block Dallas note, which has 6.4m printed (so far). I figure I'll hang onto it for now, and if the K-E block turns out to be a larger run, it's an extra buck in my pocket.

6.4KDallas.jpg

Also, Travis, I found two A block notes for you, but not sure if you'd want them:

Note 1: Boston, Serial A 92331600 A, I would estimate condition to be in the XF range.

Note 2: New York, Serial B 88769933 A, Condition is probably F to VF.

If you're interested, I can post pics, but I think I remember you saying that you'd prefer UNC notes, with low serials, so I'm guessing you would not want these.

If you do though, let me know, and they're all yours! :)

-Jason.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I have seen a few KE's, but KE was extremely common for Series 2006 $1's so I assumed the run would grow and I spent them. I do see my fair share of AA and BA 2009 $1's, just none that are in UNC condtition and that is what I am after. I appreciate you thinking about me though and looking out for me. :)

-tbud

4. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

No problem at all, dude. I will keep my eyes open for UNC examples of these notes, for you.

As for the KE note, yep, the '06 KE's were/are very common, but it's only a dollar, so it's not going to kill me to hang onto it. If the '09 KE's turn out to be a large/common run, back in the wallet it goes!

5. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I respect that way of thinking! Your the kind of person who would save something like that some day and have it be worth a lot later on. I am that type of person as well, but I had seen a few '09 KE's and not just one so I automatically assumed it wouldn't be worth saving, plus the whole 2006 $1 KE factor. Good luck with that note! :)

6. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

crisp consecutive stars are worth a premium. on another forum, I saw three whole straps sell for $130-$150

I'd offer you a couple bucks extra for a consecutive run of 10, preferably the first 10.

P.S.
    Starting to see a few BC $1s. I wonder if more of those bills show up with the holiday new currency orders.

The $1 strap I got today had 44 assorted 2009's. (Didn't count the partial strap or the loose $1s)

7. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Today, I saw a 2009 $1 BE but it wasn't uncirculated...

8. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Alanfromroc

I am going to swap some of my Boston * notes with Tbudwiser but I will have plenty left over for a run of ten. If your interested.

Derek

9. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

I got another strap of 2009 today. Sorry not stars this time . They where Philly CA Block. I wasn't able to keep the whole 100 But I kept a few. C05765001A - C05765005A.

Derek

10. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Here is my first attempt with pictures.

These are from work today.
    Picture 001.jpg

11. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

Too bad those Atlanta's aren't FA blocks... I currently have arrangements for the CA blocks but thanks for considering me.:) Here is an updated list of the 2009 $1 CU+ 'A' blocks: (I want one of each)

AA, BA, EA, FA, GA, IA, JA, and KA.

Thanks you guys!:D

12. justanotherface

justanotherface New and All Excited

help me understand how 2009 bills are collectable?
    jaf

13. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

There are 12 banks that make up the Federal Reserve System:
    A1 Boston, B2 NYC, C3 Philadelphia, D4 Cleveland, E5 Richmond, F6 Atlanta, G7 Chicago, H8 St. Louis, I9 Minneapolis, J10 Kansas City, K11 Dallas, and finally L12 SF.

Whenever a new series of US currency is released, some people collect one note from ever bank called a District Set of DS for short. Not too many people collect DS's. This is my first..

14. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Travis

I found these today. A little ink smudge.

but still in good shape.
    Picture.jpg

15. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I can't quite tell; Are they brand new fresh?? If so, are you willing to trade @ face?

16. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

Travis,

Have you found your Boston * note yet.
    The bank near me must be giving these out to everyone.Two different customers paid with these today.
    My luck, they are from the same run I already have.:( Picture 001.jpg Picture 002.jpg

17. ForTHEkids

ForTHEkids Member

The GA notes appear to have only been handled by the person who got them from the bank. They don't have any folds or creases. IMO I would still call them brand new. You have inspired me to start my own DS so I will need one of them but I can send you the other one or two for face.

18. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

They are just like any other series, jaf.
    Some are going to have fancy, and low serials, low print runs, and of course, star notes.

Just because it's a newer note, doesn't mean it's not collectable.

19. AlanFromRoc

AlanFromRoc Member

my bank's first wave of holiday new currency orders was available today.

$1 - 2009 BC (had seen a few of these recently, so it makes sense that I'm now seeing more of them)
    $2 - 2003A LA (had seen plenty of these already)
    $5 - 2006 IDB (have seen a fair amount of these)
    $10 - 2009 JDA (saw a few of these months ago)
    $20 - 2006 IDB (have seen a fair amount of these)

[The teller didn't have new $50s or $100s yet]

No star straps, rollover replacements or other stars as far as I could tell.

I'm working on a 2009 $1 block set, and BC is one of the blocks I didn't have yet. I saved a run of 10 like usual, happened to be 46273161 through 46273170.
    Got 46273158 and 46273185 for my collection of 1-8 scrambled ladders.

Saved 46273333 for another collector who likes quad endings

20. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

@ Alan
    So far is has been very strange with Series 2009 bills, excluding $1's. At one time, I saw tons of JL-A $5's and $10's and then all the sudden, they dissapeared! I also saw a few JL-A $20's. I haven't seen any since the week I started seeing them as if the Federal Reserve pulled them all back or something... Very weird... I wonder, what gives?

21. tbudwiser

tbudwiser Active Member

I haven't found one yet... Are you looking to sell at face??

Draft saved Draft deleted