Post your 1916-1930-PDS Standing Liberty Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jello, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Thanks for the info, not looking to sell just trying to get a fair grade on these 2 coins. As I said I checked them every way possible and just do not see any damage of any kind and I am not looking to make a fortune as I don't intend to sell any of my collection at this point. PCGS gives a value for this coin graded 66 FH @$28K+ and NGC @$30K+. I just wanted some of you more knowledgeable collectors could see anything that would cause Them to grade as they did.

jello likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Don't give any MS or graded Standing liberty quarters at all.
    January Fun show did sell and set a record with MS 65+Full Head Pcgs Secure 1929-D
    for almost 29k it was a gem!!!
    $$wise way outside most members budgets . We can Dream
    :)
    America Standing liberty graded quarter is most beautiful Quarter or 25c made World wide.
    In my mind.

4. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Thanks,I agree the SLQ is a very beautiful design and that price for the PCGS graded coin is in line with what I thought. I have been collecting coins for quite awhile,I am not an expert by any means) but these coins are under graded and mis-graded in the instance of the 1 with counting wheel damage,but I think I am going to give PCGS a shot at grading them and whatever happens,happens. Thanks

5. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

...exactly, stop complaining, just submit them again and see what they say ;-)

6. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Not complaining(too much:) just throwing something out there for the real experts to chew on for awhile and then see what they spit out! :) By the way I notice that you are from Germany and I have some nice German coins if you collect those! Later

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I am 100% American born Ny state drafted US Army. Did twenty seen the World .
    I did spend time in Berlin so I have a few key dates and Marks .
    Here one more classic
    747845018_tp-2.jpg 747845018_tp-1.jpg 747845032_tp-1.jpg 747845025_tp-1.jpg
    Mercury dime classy. MS 65Fb

dwhiz likes this.
  8. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

I am sorry Jello I was responding to a gentleman that had commented on my SLQ and his profile said he was 32 and was from Germany. Micbraun is his forum name.

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Don't sweat it. :)
    Ibuyit2

10. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

@Ibuyit2: Actually I am only collecting US coins due to limited time and funds. Also US coins typically have a more interesting design such as the SLQ which is one of my favorite coins.

11. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Hi no problem and I wish you the best in your Numismatic endeavors!

12. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

NGC, you can tell from the label and the cert number... and yes - that's really a WOW coin!

13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

1917 T1 SLQ
    NGC AU58-FH aka 'MS65-slider' ;-)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    dwhiz, josh's coins and jello like this.
  14. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

The standing Liberty quarter was indeed one of the US mint's best designs. Tragically, it didn't age well and that's why it is much harder to find them in the 40-50 range than it is to find Washington quarters.

I wonder how a cupronickel standing Liberty quarter would have worn? I see 1965 quarters in good shape all the time.

15. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Very nice coin to have held up that well over 96 years!! That's a keeper for sure!!!!

micbraun likes this.
  16. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

I'm sure you could find some great ones made from Cupro-Nickel it wears better than silver.

bugo likes this.
  17. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

$$K Coin for sure in a grade of MS66FH / full head can be a 25 cent coin that could sell for more than a home condo or a car.
    Art is a term that is used when describing a Standing. Liberty Quarter .
    :)

bugo and micbraun like this.
  18. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

It isn't pretty as silver, but it's harder and takes abuse better which means cupronickel coins usually last longer. That being said, some silver coins such as the Washington quarters and Roosevelt dimes wore very well in many cases and even circulated coins can be found in the AU 50-55 range. Silver is better for simple designs while cupronickel is better for intricate designs for the most part.

19. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

1916.JPG

Unfortunately it's a advertisement from a dealer in Standing Liberty Quarters, but it sure would be nice to have one like this

RaceBannon and jello like this.
  20. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Mine are Yummy! Don't hate the playa, hate the game. :cool:

1917 25C QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 1 PCGS AU55 19741326 CAC Obv Slab.JPG 1917 25C QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 1 PCGS AU55 19741326 CAC Rev Slab.JPG 1930 25C QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 2 PCGS AU58 26935664 CAC Obv Slab.jpg 1930 25C QUARTER DOLLAR - STANDING LIBERTY, TYPE 2 PCGS AU58 26935664 CAC Rev Slab.jpg

21. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406132191.135900.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406132221.602693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406132235.203230.jpg

...one of the few non-MS SLQs with FH details.

Ibuyit2, dwhiz and jello like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted