Post your 1916-1930-PDS Standing Liberty Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by jello, Mar 6, 2012.

1. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Wow B, those are stunning.

So many in this thread are top notch!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I finally got around to upgrading mine.
    [​IMG]

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

5. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

6. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

can you make a poster of this for me

7. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

That pretty girl broke up with me at the first dance. I took her to the Knoxville show with me and she found a fellow she liked better. I knew it was too good to last ....

Best Regards, :)

George

8. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Here is my upgrade, if you can call it that, since I am keeping the others... ;)

1917T1cropped-2.jpg
    1917T1cropped.jpg

dwhiz and jello like this.
  9. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

[Can someone explain to me what gives with ANACS when it comes to grading Standing Liberty Quarters? I purchased 15 rolls from a local scrap Gold & Silver shop and went through them. They ranged in dates from 1928 to 1930. They were all nice coins but I wanted to pick out what I considered exceptional coins as far as Strike,Luster and eye appeal went. I finally chose 2 1929-d's to send in for grading. I looked at every centimeter of the coins with a 7x magnifier,then a 10x. I could not see any hairlines,scratches,rim damage etc. I then looked at them under my microscope all the way up to a 60x magnification. I used a incandescent light source and could not see the slightest defect of any kind. I became very excited because if I had sent in a Morgan in this condition it would have come back a 67 at least. When I got my coins back from ANACS they listed 1 as MS Details because of counting wheel damage the other one came back a 64 but they made no mention of FH! Has anyone had this problem with ANACS? Needless to say I am going to crack them out and submit them to PCGS! I have tried to upload photos but haven't got the hang of it yet but any information you can share will be appreciated, well maybe I have got the hang of it!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  10. torontokuba

How about replacing some of those out of focus photos.

11. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Let me try these photos! I really need some input from some of you that have had dealings with ANACS grading this type of coin! Maybe you can see something in the photos that will support their opinion or something that will support mine!!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    dwhiz likes this.
  12. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

13. torontokuba

???o_O

usc96 likes this.
  14. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

WOW!! A 67 ? That is in the top grade for a SLQ of that date! I can't tell what grading service you used but that is great! I just want to get a fair grade on mine. ANACS says 1 is damaged by a counting wheel and this was found once they removed the PVC residue!! There was no residue on the coin to start with. These coins came out of original rolls and were not stored in PVC flips. I will just have to wait and see what PCGS has to say. Congrats on your coin it is really an exceptional coin!

brokecoinguy likes this.
  15. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

I mean maybe you can see something in the 1929-d SLQs I had graded by ANACS,I have posted some new pics maybe they are better than the ones you said were out of focus.

16. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

image.jpg Let me try this once again because I really need some opinions on my 1929-D SLQ that was graded by ANACS. All I want to know is,do you see any counting wheel damage on it and what do you think it should be graded? It is supposed to be on the obverse. image.jpg

17. BigTee44

BigTee44 Well-Known Member

Try posting in the "what's it worth" section. Make your own thread

18. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Thanks for the info, I knew someone on here would have an answer for me.

19. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Standing Liberty quarter graded command better price if that helps.
    :)

20. Ibuyit2

Ibuyit2 Active Member

Thanks, I knew that graded coins are of more value, the problem is I just don't think the grade is correct especially the one with a details grade MS because of counting wheel damage! I just do not see it, I have looked at it under incandescent light source and with magnification from 7x-60x . Can you see any problems?

21. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I got this one as a kid on a . One lady always newspaper bill each week, gave out Standing Liberty quarter a lot
    145403-06ff90057e553722ee1cddcd57dead2a.jpeg downloadfile.jpeg
    This one came from upstate Ny.

Standing liberty quarter with a MS 66Full Head graded by Pcgs. Is different coin bracket money wise.
    Get down in the teens high price coin.:) I cannot not buy anymore.

dwhiz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted