Post What You Got For Christmas

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tyler G., Dec 24, 2012.

1. pballer225

pballer225 Member

Why would they only put a 300w power supply in a 6 core gaming computer o_O that doesn't really make sense :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

Exactly. It would be one thing if the stock PSU was 450W or something, but it's not.

4. costello

costello Member

My favorite Christmas gift of all is a weird one. My mother visited me last night and I inquired about my grandfather's coins and the condition they were in when he collected them. I found out he kept all of his collection in the hot attic and all of it was taken from circulation. This does my heart well, because I was afraid the coins became damaged in the year or so my aunt had them and the two months my father held onto them.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that the silver dimes look terrible, but at least his collection wasn't ruined between the months he passed and my receiving it. I would've hated that.

5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:)This one a after Xmas gift to myself. I biding on today I just hope no one out bids me but its an AU-50 1837 Half Dime Ngc and toned a bit rev rotation is off a bit or there photo are??

Attached Files:

6. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

wow 4 whole slices in only 30 minutes. lol good thing i am not in a hurry for breakfast ;)

7. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

8. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Sure do!

[​IMG]

9. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

This is the typical present I get from my brother - the full silver proof set for Christmas, and since my birthday is right after Christmas, I usually get the ASE for my birthday. Will find out tomorrow... LOL!

Question to anyone who knows.... I know my brother bought the proof set months ago and didn't save the receipt, so I have no chance to do anything via him... but the lens on one of the 3 pieces is cracked on the proof set. Any chance to get the US Mint to replace that if you got it as a gift?

10. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

The $20 Transportation Note was the first note I bought to start my Large Size Collection. It was due to the Train Vignette as it is truly stunning to look upon.

11. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

I got the 2012 proof set. I got an even better gift, an $8 shipping fee to send it back for replacement because there we brown spots on the coins.

12. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

How did you do this - did you get it as a gift and then make arrangements yourself with the mint for the swap?

13. O man bad news looks like the 4 mexican cooper centavos got lost in the mail or mailbox tracking number says delivered Dec 24 but no coins in the mailbox that sucks its the first time that something get lost in the mail for me :(
    Good thing i got the note today

14. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

yes. received it as a gift then i called the mint and told them my issue was told to send it in for replacement but i had to pay shipping.

15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

My single favorite U.S. design, the ND seated. Mines an 1838, nice one Jello!

You have a nice looking family gbroke.

16. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Don't have pics but the girlfriend's parents bought me a Buffalo silver round.
    Very pretty and its the first non-denomination silver I have gotten. :)

17. dmott88

dmott88 Coin Slinger

Socks...Just socks.

18. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

The older you get, the better that gift is. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted