Post What You Got For Christmas

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tyler G., Dec 24, 2012.

1. pballer225

pballer225 Member

christmasstuff.jpg

I got $2 billion milk chocolate notes, a nice pile of dark chocolate silver coins, and a 100g .9999 white chocolate gold bar :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

I realize this has nothing to do with coins, but it was so funny I had to share it. My son(no clue where he gets his sense of humor from) posted this on facebook today.

I told you not to shot your eye out!.jpg

4. Coinstruck

Coinstruck ANA BR-3167585

It was a coin theme this year. I got myself a new digital camera to take better coin pics. The mrs got me a 2011 Australian 1oz year of the rabbit to add to my rabbit collection and the book "100 greatest modern coins". My father got me a binder for 2x2s and a 5x magnifying lamp. My coin buddy at work gave me a 2008 silver maple leaf. Having nothing for him I gave him my Peace pocket coin. That's just the reason I carry pocket coins ;) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356573133.073311.jpg

5. Copper Head

Copper Head Active Member

Mrs. Copper Head gave me a display case for the Kookaburras. Much better than the cigar box they've been in.

Kook Case.jpg

6. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

7. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

I received a pair of beautiful pink snow camo Rocky boots with 300 grams insulation (perfect for all the snow), some 'Hello Kitty' Trinkets (the new theme here since acquiring Miss Kitty Ann a month ago), and my favorite, a vintage cake plate with the most beautiful painting of Niagara Falls on it. It is from the fifties, I dare say, and it came with a cake cutter made of the same glass, painted the same way. (I enjoy baking cakes.)

Coin related? Only from my Secret Santa.

Attached Files:

8. yarm

yarm Junior Member

This medal from the Dix Noonan auction arrived just before Christmas. The auction pictures nailed it.

[​IMG]

9. lucyray

lucyray Ariel -n- Tango

O. M. G. !!!

How beautiful!

10. pballer225

pballer225 Member

First off, wow that's a beast of a computer :) Next I want to suggest running it with the current power supply before upgrading, people usually way overestimate how much power they need. Enjoy that thing ;D

11. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

The only numismatic item I got was a good one. I put together my own 1914 coin mint set, along with a graded $5, $10 and now I have the $20. I love the 1914 series across the board. To be continued....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CoinMike747 likes this.
  12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Coin Book by David Sear

I bought myself the Roman Coin Book by David Sear. :thumb: (It is 2nd hand & cost less than today's lunch).

My real Christmas present to myself is a Western Caribbean ocean voyage with friends. We planned the cruise months ago & it culminates at the FUN show. Just the guys are taking this trip. The wife & family are staying home for this one. :cool:

Attached Files:

13. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

Got a 2012 ASE and 2012 silver proof quarter set from my MIL.

14. RedRaider

RedRaider Well-Known Member

Funny.....I actually gave a giftcard to my sister a few years ago in this exact gag-box. I weighted it down with a book and packing material. She didnt open the box and realize it was a gag until 6 hours later.

15. RedRaider

RedRaider Well-Known Member

While I did not get these, I had the joy of going though my great-grandfathers collection which is with my grandmother right now. I took these out to place in the SDB.

181450c.jpg 1854o3.jpg 1834half.jpg 1920s.jpg 180750c.jpg

1854-O $3
    1807 Draped bust half dollar
    1900s $20 Gold
    1814 and 1835 Capped bust half dollars

He had a great collection.

16. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

From Mcblzr
    2005 S Bison.jpg
    From my Family
    1858 Model Army.jpg
    From my Grandpa
    2012 Gold Eagle.jpg
    And my grandma got me a nice camera which takes good pictures of coins. So now I'll be able to take pictures of coins. All in all I had a very good Christmas.

17. Here are mine the ase its in my hands the others are on the way i got em from ebay

Attached Files:

18. The rest

Attached Files:

19. pumpkinpie

The current PSU is 300W, I will need quite a bit more than that to run the higher end GPU. Also, 6 core processors with clock speeds over 3GHz aren't known for their low power consumption.

20. KonKK

KonKK New Member

Are u using it for gaming or something pumpkin?

21. pumpkinpie

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted