Post What You Got For Christmas

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tyler G., Dec 24, 2012.

1. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

Post what you got for Christmas. It can be from friends, family, or anybody even yourself. Show us what you got.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. wgpjr

wgpjr Collector

Coin related, I got nothing from family and friends. Did get the secret santa gift from this site, which was appreciated. However, I did treat myself to a 2006 1/10oz gold coin as well as a Dolly Madison proof commemorative, both at spot prices.

4. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

Its not christmas yet... Tommorow is the fun present opening day.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

6. frostyluster

frostyluster Member

7. ArthurK11

ArthurK11 Active Member

Best gift ever

IMAG0977.jpg

8. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I got the best gift of all.
    The expressions of joy on 3 kids faces when they opened their gifts. Priceless.

9. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Got this from a co-worker / friend who I recently found out used to collect coins.

IMG_3427.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG

What makes it special is that its his pocket piece. Sometimes its the little things that means a lot.

10. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Its in great shape for a pocket piece.

I was at my grandparents tonight and me and my dad were looking through an old tin, found a 1956 dime 3 wheat pennies and a 1887 Indian Head penny.

11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Gotta pic o' that Greg?

I know, it's elusive and momentary, residing in the memory of the beholder........only quick snatches too fleet for the lens to capture....

12. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

I got a lava lamp! Coin related I got six raw MS Morgans and a Leif Ericson MS dollar in the OGP. This was just pre-Christmas, however.

13. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

My family broke down this year and opted for a Christmas Eve celebration, so:

Gbroke nailed it - my son's joy at opening gifts was the best and I did get a few on "film."

Coin related - an awesome challenge coin (I'm a sucker for these), A Guide Book of Peace Dollars, and a lovely four coin set from my wife.

Also some jeans, exercise pants, and an stunning Pink Floyd t-shirt.

Really though - watching my boy enjoy his gifts is more then I could have hoped for!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy Holidays to all!

14. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

a Red Rider BB Gun...Seriously though, I'm sitting at the dining room table at 5:53 AM waiting for my three children to wake up. They said they were getting up st 4:00....Amateurs!

15. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

I got what I always wanted..............a coin toning device.

. Funny_Gift_Ideas_(8).jpg

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

17. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

I give a bunch of silver for Xmas, I don't get any but it's still good. I can use some nice sweaters.

18. costello

costello Member

I didn't get any coins. I did give my son the 2008 + 2012 uncirculated sets and the glow in the dark coin, but they lost out to a Jake and the Neverland Pirates pirate ship.

I got a money counting jar, shaving supplies (Art of Shaving--good stuff), a fire pit, and a record player that will convert my 78s to mp3s.

19. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:smileA new camera should be one or a replacement battery for Pentax I use now.
    that all for now as we have no got to the gifts yet under our tree.

I hope Everyone get what they wished for!!!!
    :foot-mouth: Unless it was 1 tons of 24k Gold that gift was meant for me:devil:

20. bg35765

bg35765 Member

Nothing coin related. I did get each of my kids a Whitman state quarter map album and a roll of quarters to get them started.

They got a lukewarm reception upon opening, but the kids did warm up to them once they started putting the quarters in.

21. Falconetti

Falconetti Member

My wife got me a 2012 ASE :hail:

Draft saved Draft deleted