Post The Zoo

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lonegunlawyer, Dec 16, 2012.

1. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

Every good Zoo should have a nice old eagle to grace its skies.

1857 1C CENT - FLYING EAGLE NGC XF45 2115737-003 CAC Obv Slab.jpg 1857 1C CENT - FLYING EAGLE NGC XF45 2115737-003 CAC Rev Slab.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

You're kidding right? About 40% of my certified collection is PCGS. I buy coins I like regardless of the plastic...

4. brg5658

Chris B, chrisild and geekpryde like this.
  5. geekpryde

No I wasn't joking. I thought I had read you state a few times that a coin would look better in "ngc plastic", my mistake. But I buy from both too. I'm 70% PCGS

6. geekpryde

Well here is a super tasty 66, with a CAC (which you will have to scrub off). Not sure if you are in the market for one right now, but I definitely think this is close to the right price. Awesome old Fatty holder too!

7. brg5658

You never heard that from me. I have said I prefer the professional clean lines and white inserts of NGC holders aesthetically -- but I don't honestly really care that much about what color the insert is. PCGS holders are easier to buff out scratches, but NGC holders don't look cheap like PCGS holders do. You can't have everything I guess.

geekpryde likes this.
  8. brg5658

I also don't care about CAC or not CAC, but I refuse to pay more for a CAC sticker simply because it is attached. CAC has stickered a lot of coins that I would never add to my collection. I collect coins to my taste, not the whims and tastes of John Albanese.

9. geekpryde

No, I understand. I like JA deciding what coins are good enough for me, it makes it less hard on me. :p

So, did you like the coin at the end of the link?

10. brg5658

No, I didn't like it. It has been on eBay for a long while through Vantage, and it doesn't really do anything for me. Oh well... (shrug)

11. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

12. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

My contribution to this recently resurrected necro-thread.

French Cameroon 2 Francs

Gazelle

54ED4FFE-C5DE-4DA7-994C-7239C379BD51.jpeg

13. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Zambia
    AV 250 Kwacha 1979
    Cape Hunting Dog 1068dd8644d88c8bb4d0d0c95e8f52f0.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted