Post some tickets!

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by north49guy, May 9, 2010.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Yesterday a neat item arrived, so I thought I'd give this thread a bump and post it. This is a 1909 gallery pass to the House of Representatives, produced by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. I posted another one of these earlier in the thread, but this one uses red ink and the design looks great. 1909 House pass.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

I love the older, but my gen. loves those 60-70 concert tickets, I'm in a mad rush to so if I find mine...

4. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

Very nice.

5. gsalexan

I'm giving this long-dormant thread a bump because, well, it's just a fun topic. Also I found a neat piece to add.

This a little proof of a (5¢?) ticket for the Atlanta Street Rail Road, probably from the 1880s. It's no larger than a postage stamp (I scanned one for scale), but intricately engraved with a mule-drawn trolley. Probably very few of these tiny tickets survived.

Who's got something else to post?
    ASRR ticket and stamp.jpg Atlanta Street RR ticket.jpg

midas1 and SteveInTampa like this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard New Member

I have about 12 different lottery tickets like these. Large and beautifully colored. IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg

midas1, CoinZone and gsalexan like this.
  7. gsalexan

Those are cool! I like the serial numbers on the one with the man and woman.

8. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

9. gsalexan

Here's an item that is not quite a ticket, but close enough. It's a 1900 annual pass for free passage on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic Railway. It ran on more than 500 miles of track in the upper peninsula of my home state of Michigan.

DSS&A 1900 pass.jpg

10. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wow! Great looking tickets up there! I have a few I bought a couple of years ago. Their really small, I'll show a pic with a dollar! ~Cheers!

CellPhone 819.JPG CellPhone 838.JPG CellPhone 823.JPG CellPhone 833.JPG CellPhone 818.JPG

BJBII and midas1 like this.
  11. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Wow. Puts mine to shame. All I have are some 2010 Unused NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball Championship tickets. I found them in an envelope in the middle of a book I bought at a garage sale for 10 cents.

Probably be worth something someday to someone.

12. gsalexan

Fretboard, what you actually have there are bond coupons. These were attached to a bond and snipped off twice annually as interest was paid. Or, more recently, snipped off by collectibles dealers looking to make a few extra bucks from unsuspecting buyers. Sorry to say, they aren't worth much of anything to collectors of obsolete stocks and bonds.

You can learn more on this thread:
    Beautiful Stocks and Bonds

13. Alok Verma

Alok Verma Explorer

I also keep tickets of films, theatre, bus, train and air journey which I took. I am surprised many others also do the same and I alone is not a fool there are so many others. Ha..ha...ha!

14. gsalexan

I uncovered something interesting today, while searching for something else. This is a 1948 airline ticket from Detroit to New York (or Newark) -- or actually the stub. Along with the original envelope it was issued in. Looks like the passenger paid $31.45 for their seat. I don't know if that was cheap or expensive at that time.

AA flight evp.jpg AA flight ticket.jpg

midas1 and BRandM like this.
  15. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

That's really unusual, gsalexn. It would be interesting to see how air travel was back then. A lot less comfortable than today, I'm sure.

I have an old train ticket in the original folder from about the same time, I think. I'll have to see if I can find it. I don't recall any details about it off hand.

Bruce

16. BRandM

I found my old train ticket stub. It was my mother-in-law's from when she traveled from Philadelphia to Ft. Pierce, FL. in 1943 to visit her husband in the army. He later was involved in the D-Day invasion, but rarely spoke of his experiences...not unusual for veterans. The ticket cost $51.15.

Bruce
    PA RR 1.JPG PA RR 2.JPG

17. MitchBailey

MitchBailey Active Member

@BRandM Very cool piece of history. Thanks for sharing. That was an expensive ticket back in the 40's no doubt.

BRandM likes this.
  18. BRandM

Thanks, Mitch. I thought the same thing when I first noticed the price. I have the original envelope too that notes the cost.

Bruce

19. The Fonz

The Fonz In God We Trust - All Others Pay Cash

These tickets, etc. are very cool many are beautifully artistic.

The only ticket I ever hung on to were from some of the events I attended at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. These are none of mine, but gives you an idea of what they look like:

[​IMG]

midas1 and BRandM like this.
  20. gsalexan

Those are very attractive. Looks like a little circular hologram in the upper left? Nice -- thanks for posting!

21. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted