Post pics of your collection!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Pixeldragon389, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Pixeldragon389

Pixeldragon389 New Member

I just started out collecting about a year ago, and have only spent about $75 total on coins, but I have a pretty good collection on a shelf in my room.

I would like to see a picture or two of your collection!
    (I'm trying to see who on CT has the biggest)

I'll post a picture of mine when it's light enough.

Curtisimo likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Do they not have light bulbs where you live?

4. Pixeldragon389

No, Im writing this at 10:00 at night

5. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Welcome @Pixeldragon389. It's nice to see a young numismatist join the group here :)

What's your collection interest? I'm assuming US but as this is in the coin chat forum that's just my guess.

I'm afraid I don't have a picture of my entire collection all together but I'll add a few I really like from some of my sub collections.

US
    IMG_3962.JPG
    Ancient
    IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4077.JPG
    World
    IMG_4201.JPG

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  6. Pixeldragon389

I mostly have US, but others are from around the world. As a young collector, I am mostly focused on dates, but older uncurculated coins are cool, too. Here's what I collect:
    Errors (obviously)
    Pennies 1982-1970
    Pennies 1970 and below
    Other pennies (like 2009 and 2017-P)
    Nickels from 2004-2005
    Nickels, dimes and quarters 1975 and below
    Halves, any (They're still pretty rare to me)
    Large and small dollars
    Other stuff I forgot

One question:What is your favorite coin to collect? Mine's pennies. Easy to get, don't cost that much to buy a roll (or buy from a person who treats them as face value), and best of all, there are so many different types to collect!

Pickin and Grinin and Curtisimo like this.
  7. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

You will definitely find some folks on here that you can learn from in these categories. When it comes to errors @Paddyman has no equal in terms of knowledge so pay attention when he gives you advice. There are also a lot of others on here that are very knowledgeable and willing to help out such as @Pickin and Grinin

I would say the vast majority of my collection budget goes to ancient coins but I still love collecting US coins as that's what got me started collecting in the first place :)

My favorite US coin to collect is the Mercury Dime. In my opinion one of the most beautiful designs ever for a coin.
    IMG_4466.JPG

Dave Waterstraat, MDO, tmnt and 5 others like this.
  8. Pixeldragon389

It is quite nice.. but I like the Indian head cent design a lot, too.

Curtisimo likes this.
  9. Pixeldragon389

You like posts a lot.

10. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I suppose I do. I use it as a way to give positive reinforcement to a post without bumping the whole thread in the cases I don't have anything substantial to add.

lordmarcovan, ldhair and LaCointessa like this.
  11. Pixeldragon389

Hear hear.

The one thing I have trouble with is grading my coins and finding good ones in the first place. My error bag is quite empty (nothing in it) and I'm running out of ideas. Any good suggestions on what to collect? I'm doing My parents' birthday sets now.

12. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT!! It great to see new YN's join the forum

It would be really hard to show my whole collection in one photo. So here are a few of my Favs. Both Us and World. 1972DMS65.jpg 1971SPF_opt.jpg 1985 Canada PL_opt.jpg 1960Italy.jpg

1943D Australia Three Pence
    1943DAUS.jpg

I collect Large dollars (Morgans and Ikes) and CRH for errors. My wife and I both collect World coins.

My newest projects are collecting US minted World coins. The Three Pence above is one minted in Denver. I am also going to start a Franklin Half Dollar set.

13. Pixeldragon389

Neat! My collection's kinda small, so I could probably show it in one picture. I'm hoping to make it as big as my Grandpa's one day (a whole room)

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I couldn't possibly show my collection in one photo even though I've sold much of it. However, here are a few favorites in my error collection.

1935 Buffalo nickel - Lamination defect
    1935 Crackhead Buffalo.jpg

2001-D Kennedy half dollar - Missing reverse clad layer
    2001-D 50c REV Slab.jpg

This isn't really an error, per se, but it was sure a big goof by the Royal Canadian Mint because they used a "death totem" in the design.
    _MG_2361.JPG

FYI - I took the liberty of notifying the mods about your duplicate post to this thread so they can delete it. In the future, any time this happens, all you need to do is click on "Report" at the bottom of your post, and give them an explanation. As a rule, if the duplicate thread has no additional posts to your original post, they can just delete it, but if there are additional posts, they will combine the two threads.

Chris

MontCollector, dwhiz and Curtisimo like this.
  15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

No way, but I will share some.
    20th Cen type set.jpg 3 Indians.jpg

16. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Coin Talk, Pixeldragon389. You are quite fortunate to have excess to such a diverse, informative resource such as this.
    I will share some too. DSC05290.JPG DSC05293.JPG morgan (3).JPG morgan (4).JPG DSC04172.JPG DSC04173.JPG DSC04180.JPG DSC04179.JPG

17. Pixeldragon389

IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4435.JPG One of my favorites is a set of 1943-P and D that are (I might be wrong) MS-55 or 60.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I saw that the first in your list of what you like to collect, was errors.
    As curtisimo said @paddyman98 definitely has that niche covered.
    I like variety's,
    Here is my favorite go to website.
    http://varietyvista.com/index.ht
    This Buffalo is a D/D/D/S, or 38D omm-001, also a FS-511.
    IMG_3260 (1).JPG IMG_3259.JPG IMG_3258.JPG
    Although I consider it a variety, PCGS graded it a mint error. IMG_3256.JPG
    Welcome to the forum!
    It is always good to see young collectors.

19. Pixeldragon389

IMG_4438.JPG IMG_4444.JPG Thanks.

I finally got my whole collection together and made a picture.

I also got a picture of all of my pennies 1970 and before, for @Curtisimo.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  20. robec

robec Junior Member

Here are a few 1961 proof Lincoln's from my collection.

[​IMG]

21. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

I have 20,000 images totaling 50 Gigabytes just on my local harddrive. Want to see them? :p

My actual collection is small - maybe 150 pieces - but I've owned thousands and there are those here whose collection runs into 5-figure counts. If you actually manage to get us to show you all of them, you could be here a while. :)

Dave Waterstraat and robec like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted