Post Beautiful Women

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lonegunlawyer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I want one of these too! Great pickup!

4. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

5. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Interesting design indeed. :) Side note (not that it matters much) - the Mint of Saxony was in Muldenhütten, near Freiberg, at that time.

Christian

6. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Ooops, my bad - but that it was minted in Moldyhut makes it all the more interesting. And these days that name is appropriate from having seen pictures of what the mint looks like nowadays. I really want to find some of the Soviet occupation coinage that was struck there and the early GDR pieces that were struck through 1952.

7. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Got this beautiful woman for $0.50 on Tuesday. Best fiddy cents I have ever spent.
    [​IMG]

8. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I bought one of those when I was a kid - and now I want to find some in original red BU - they are a very lovely design.

9. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

Can get a red gem for about $12 if you look for them. Terrific design in any case.

10. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice, looks to be in the same shape as mine.

11. juantrillo

juantrillo Member

Benazir Bhutto, coin of Pakistan

pakistan.jpg

12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Hello juantrillo,

Thank you for resurrecting this thread. I just viewed all 22 pages & there is certainly no shortage of beautiful women on coins. Here are some additional ladies from my collection:

Latvia maiden
    USA Bust Quarter
    Britain’s Victoria the Empress
    Italy’s young girl in medieval dress
    USA Seated Liberty

Attached Files:

13. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

I'm a bit late here, but nice coin. It sort of has an art deco look to it and the mintage is only 1500, seems like a great find.

14. yarm

yarm Junior Member

15. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Hello Yarm,
    Today I had fun reviewing all 23 pages of this thread. I think I like your medal in post #333 the best. If you know of one that is available, please let me know about it.

16. yarm

yarm Junior Member

Heck, that gal's only allegorical. Here's my real heartthrob!

[​IMG]

17. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

The Algerian 100 F and other denominations were all made in substantial numbers; more
    than 21,000,000 for the 100 F alone. The reason they're tough is people didn't save any
    of them and then, apparently, the government melted them down after years of circulation.
    This leaves only a few that escaped the melting pot (mostly exported coins) and specimens
    that were saved by die hard coin collectors who couldn't even be dissuaded by base metal
    and huge mintages.

A lot of coins like this are extremely hard to find because of the high mintage.

18. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Yarm who made that medal in post #333?

19. ArkAnglz

ArkAnglz New Member

France 10 centimes... 1898
    France10cO.jpg

20. yarm

yarm Junior Member

J. Pinches produced this obverse for BHM 2549. The design continued to be used for various prize medals throughout the 19th century.

[​IMG]

21. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Interestingly Pinches was later acquired by the Franklin Mint ... see the first paragraph here.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted