Post Beautiful Women

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lonegunlawyer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

I'll take name a hermaphrodite on US coinage for $600 Alex!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

"I like some of the French medals and might want to buy some. So it looks like some are numbered? After they sell out of a medal do they remake it slightly different with another metal and redo them? If this is true it sounds a lot like the prints I collect. I guess they don't make an unlimited number of them? I don't know anything about them, any info appreciated.

Did Raymond Delamarre make these? I guess they stop making it at some time? Are they numbered or is it unlimited edition? Signed? Here's some info on the guy they say is the author http://www.atelier-raymond-delamarre...see-andro.html"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think Delamarre did design the medal though I don't remember for sure.

If you go to the mint's website you should see an email address you can use to ask questions. I used it many years ago.

4. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

thanks Midas. I might ask them a few questions. I love the French medal designs and wouldn't mind seeing any others out there with female imges from any collectors. Someone mentioned some of the earlier ones are very beautiful. Maybe there's a book out there on these things I can find. I'll do some searches on some of the other threads as well.

5. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Good Luck ephyfe. there are several threads of medals and I think, French medals. Several members have extensive medal collections. Yes, some of the early French medals are extremely beautiful.
    cpm9ball comes to mind. I'm not very good at searching for threads here but I'll try.

6. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

I just sent you a PM including links.

Mike

7. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

One of my albums is entitled "Marianne - The Symbol of France". You can find it at the link below.

http://www.cointalk.com/members/cpm9ball/albums/marianne-symbol-france/

Chris

9. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

Thanks Mike, I replied to your PM. Let me know if you don't see it. I am new to these boards so I don't know how to do everything quite right yet.

10. ephyfe

ephyfe Member

11. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for all the replies. I thought this getting too far off topic so I PM. I was wrong.

12. John14

John14 Active Member

The topic is beautiful women, and you are right on topic! :thumb:

13. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Yes right on topic! Its all good!

14. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

+1

15. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

From DeGaule's Free French government 1945. Aluminum

16. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I am very happy with this new beauty that arrived today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

Those Algerian 1950 pieces are really tough and underrated. It wasn't too long ago
    they were listed for only a few dollars each but it was just another modern that you
    couldn't find at any price. They're even a little tough worn but it's Uncs that are so
    elusive. They tend to come nice if you find them but they usually are not Gems.

The 100F is probably the toughest.

18. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Purchase from our very own LostDutchman:
    [​IMG]

Have wanted one for a long time, these are a medallic issue with the legends on the edge of the piece. They were struck by the Saxony State Mint in Dresden Germany.

19. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

The 1956 20F might be the most underrated though.

20. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

The one I posted is a pattern (essai) piece. I presume you are referring to the regular issue Algerian 100F issues?

21. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

That Algerian piece is really nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted