Post an MPC (Military Payment Certicate)

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by kaparthy, Mar 10, 2018.

1. BoonTheGoon

BoonTheGoon Grade A mad lad

The first 5 you see are 2nd series (1940s/50s) and the last one is 6th series (1970s), my grandpa used these as he was stationed in the UK back in the 50s, the 6th series I don't know where he got it.

Attached Files:

oklahomadanny and kaparthy like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

those are really cool, i have a few of those as well and the good thing about them
    Is they dont break the bank :)

4. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I have insider knowledge about this particular note, so I won't weigh in, but Jim is correct -- it is extremely rare. Give it a close examination and see if you spot anything unusual.

5. mpcusa

I was trying to get Jim on board with TPG but i think it,s a lost cause...but thats ok
    We all have are own thing :) though this note maybe on the somewhat rare side
    There are so many more that are out of this wold rare and dont even get me started
    On Replacements thats a whole different animal.

6. gsalexan

You're missing it. That is one of those out-of-this-world rare notes.

7. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Tell us the secret!

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

The border on @lettow ’s note looks different than the other Series 692 $20 notes I’ve seen. Less defined than normal.

Maybe the note missed a final print stage or something......it’s missing the word “DOLLARS” on the left, and “MPC” on the right.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    oklahomadanny and gsalexan like this.
  9. mpcusa

Rare in the sense that it,s an error, i don,t think the O.P made that part clear
    As there are other errors and replacements out there, that are one of a kinds as
    Well, i think a definition of rare needs to be established...LOL

10. gsalexan

I will let Jim provide a broader explanation, but I'd say Steve nailed it.

11. mpcusa

Well i see that hes on, lets see if he checks in ?

12. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

The 692 $20.00. I see what you are talking about. I am looking at page 235 of "Military Payment Certificates" by Fred Schwan, doesn't ID the difference, but has pictures of both types. I have been a printer and understand what you think. More research is needed. It's because of a printing problem missing step.

gsalexan likes this.
  13. mpcusa

So my issue is this, if you have something that is said to be rare, you have
    Have to some way of keeping track of how many errors like that exist, if any
    If one went thru that limited process i am sure there others, for only one
    to miss the process is highly unlikely.

14. mpcusa

Here,s another from my collection, Series 661 $1 in PCGS 69PPPQ though a very
    Common note with printed populations exceeding 33,000,000 its not in this high grade however, a very pretty and colorful note.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

The whole underprint of "MPC", "DOLLARS", the yellow-orange round dots, border lines, and border dots and peaks is missing. It could be a printing error or a contemporary counterfeit. Is the giveaway aspect still open?

16. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree @Milesofwho, this was mentioned in post #47

Milesofwho likes this.
  17. Milesofwho

Milesofwho Omnivorous collector

Oh, alright!

18. gsalexan

Yes, it is a missing underprint error. Lettow will have to make the call on the giveaway.

There are five known examples of this error, all from a single sheet. I would assume this qualifies as rare. ;)

oklahomadanny likes this.
  19. mpcusa

Well we are all waiting for him to respond....., maybe some day this week LOL ?

20. oklahomadanny

oklahomadanny New Member

Catfight! :cat:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    BunkerTrapMan likes this.
  21. oklahomadanny

oklahomadanny New Member

You need to get out your #692 $20 and a magnifying glass. It's one of 4-5 know. Does that qualify?
    Came over from the PCGS forum to see my note. :D

gsalexan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted