Post an Eisenhower (Ikes)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Cascade, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Diane Harriet

Diane Harriet Active Member

Good evening,
    Here are two birthday gifts I received from my hubby last week. He's such a sweetie. I'm a lucky gal.
    Diane :) 1971 Ike. Obverse .JPG 1971 Ike. Reverse. .JPG 1976 Ike. Obverse .JPG 1976 Ike. Reverse. .JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Not mine, just photographed for a customer.
    Lance.

1974-S Ike PCGS MS67 obv.jpg 1974-S Ike PCGS MS67 rev.jpg

4. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

5. coinsareus10

coinsareus10 Well-Known Member

6. LJRambo111

LJRambo111 ASE Proofs / 24K Buffalos

7. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I just made a post about Eisenhower Dollars in the tread concerning acetone when I saw this thread, so I thought I'd pass on the following information.

I'm making a type set for my Grandson and I broke open a Silver Eisenhower in the Brown Box. It had the haze on it that the Brown Box Ike's sometimes develop. I had the acetone out to get PVC residue off a coin that was in an old flip and thought I'd give it a try on the Ike. It worked the acetone removed the haze without effecting the proof Ike.

1973 Proof Ike.jpg

8. Friday

Friday Active Member

are my Eisenhower dollars . IMG_0077.JPG

Curtisimo likes this.
  9. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

Have you checked the 72 for the type 2 reverse?

10. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I have a whole roll of Ike's that were a present from my mom. Most look about like this. Gotta love Ike! IMG_3874.JPG

11. Friday

Friday Active Member

Hey,coinguy no I have not checked the 72 for the type 2 reverse I no nothing about coin save them for some reason now I am ready to let go don't have time for them anymore,I have Quarter 1965-66,67-69 and wheat penny 1935-2017 hey coinguy if you know any one takes them off my hand for a fair price.

12. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Some great looking Ikes in this thread. I have quite a few...might have to post a few.

13. coinguy-matthew

coinguy-matthew Ike Crazy

Post a pic of the reverse and ill tell you which one you have? I have no desire to purchase them but a type 2 is worth quite a bit more then average i would hate to see you lose out.

14. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

15. MontCollector

Decided to share one of mine before bed.

My latest Ike purchase...Part of a 1978 Proof set. Most of the marks you see are on the mint plastic. 1978-S_opt.jpg

16. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

it's SO hard to find a nice colored example of an Ike.

17. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

18. Ike Skywalker

Ike Skywalker Well-Known Member

It looks terminal around much of the obverse periphery with more of an abrupt change to rainbow colors. The reverse shows a red "speckled" pattern often seen on AT Ikes. The top also appears terminal or near terminal. The dark magenta color in this area just doesn't look quite right. I think it's an AT specimen, but I still like it.

19. Friday

Friday Active Member

Hey,coinguy I did you ask me to do 1972 like dollars. image.jpg image.jpg

Curtisimo likes this.
  20. MontCollector

Here is another one of mine.

A 1973 BB Proof. This has all the markers for FS-101 except the die scratch on the bust. So not quite sure what to call it... A copy cat? 1973SBB.jpg

Cascade and gronnh20 like this.
  21. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted