Post a Washington quarter

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Skyman, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

4. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

5. Pickin and Grinin

6. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

@Skyman Wow! Very nice coins and excellent pictures - as always :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thealbinoyeti and Skyman like this.
  7. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

8. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

9. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

My basic philosophy is that I'm willing to buy the occasional AT coin if the coin is a common coin, IMO it is attractive and I don't have to pay a significant toning premium. This one follows fits the parameters, as there were over 700 million 1964-D made, technically I'd grade it a 64+ and it cost me $10.

bc1964D_rWA2o1.jpg
    bc1964D_rWA2r1th.jpg

10. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

11. mas4492

mas4492 Junior Member

12. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Skyman likes this.
  13. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

14. mas4492

mas4492 Junior Member

15. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

16. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

One of a whole roll I got from my mom when she used to work at the bank. All were average circulated about like this one
    IMG_3955.JPG
    I think we should rename this thread the @Skyman wins at quarters thread ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  17. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I have literally hundreds of Washingtons. The VAST majority were minted in 1940 - 1964. I'd say about 1/4 are slabbed with most of them being in the MS66 range (ALL my slabbed coins are 1940 - 1964, although I have cracked out a few of 1932 - 1939 Washingtons, most of which were AU). Maybe 10% of the slabbed coins are MS65, while around 20% are MS67. I've got a slabbed Registry set, and 3 toner Dansco albums, that I've split up into A, B and C toning. I've also got a fair amount of "overage" after the 3 Danscos. The A Dansco has Washingtons from 1932 - 1985, while the other two Danscos are almost exclusively 1940 - 1964.

Of the raw coins most are in the MS63 - MS65 range. The thing I like about Washingtons is that once you get away from the 1932 - 1939 timeframe they are reasonably inexpensive, particularly the raw ones. Let's say I have 200 raw coins, roughly 15% of them (1965 - 1985 clad) cost $1 OR LESS, and essentially all are MS62 or better IMO. Starting around $4 you can get BU silver Washingtons. Roughly 40% of the raw Washingtons I own cost $4 - $20. Remember also, we're talking toned Washingtons, which are SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult to find than white ones of the same date/mm.

Actually, with this thread I keep a list of what I've posted, and every time I post I add the latest Washie to the list so I don't repeat them... well at least for 8 months or so, posting one a day... ;)

Curtisimo likes this.
  18. Nas

Nas Well-Known Member

19. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

20. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I second the vote for Skyman.

Skyman and Curtisimo like this.
  21. Pickin and Grinin

My go to guy for Market acceptable.:rolleyes:

Skyman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted