Post a Walking Liberty Half

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by joey0053, Jun 2, 2010.

1. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Not sure if this was allready done, if so then I apologize. But I really love these and they will be my main focus for awhile. Ill need to get a whitman folder now.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

Nice Walkers. But, uhmm why Whitman as opposed to Dansco?

4. psuscott1

psuscott1 Junior Member

The Walker half in my 7070...

Attached Files:

5. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Whitman was just what came off the top of my head, Ill have to check out the Dansco's, thanks for the remind.

6. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Thats Beautiful. Cant wait till I get something like that.

7. psuscott1

psuscott1 Junior Member

Thanks. It's one of my favorite coins, so I had to get a good example for my set. Same with the merc dime. 2 of the best looking coins, no doubt.

Brina likes this.
  8. phubanks

phubanks Junior Member

gorgeous walker PSU ... what grade is that? MS68?

9. psuscott1

psuscott1 Junior Member

No idea. I'm far too much of a rookie to grade it. The shop didn't have any grade written on it. It certainly wasn't priced as an MS68.

(On that note, any opinions on the grade would be appreciated, although I don't want to hijack the thread.)

10. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Im no pro myself but I'd give it an MS68 as well, thats one good lookin coin. No worries on hijackin, it's what were here for. Helping not hijacking.

11. DoK U Mint

DoK U Mint In Odd we Trust

WoW

Great Eye~full on that '44.

And a great Photo, too.

Thanks for posting it.

12. phubanks

phubanks Junior Member

i don't recall seeing a nicer MS walker. the feathers on the eagle are amazing - strong strike. love the original mint luster too.

Eaglefawn likes this.
  13. Ltrain

Ltrain New Member

I'd definitely get it slabbed if it was mine, if only to preserve it. It's beautiful.

14. phubanks

phubanks Junior Member

15. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

16. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

looks to be slabbed, whats the grade on that if it is Ksparrow? Very nice by the way.

17. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

I don't do albums, but Danscos are the top ones I see everywhere, and a lot of the members here who fill albums seems to use Danscos over other brands.

18. Numismatist47

Numismatist47 New Member

I was thinking at least 68, possible 69. Full luster and details in the relief are nice and crisp.

19. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

That one graded 66 by pcgs. I have a hard time grading from photos (disclaimer), the coin in the OP looks about 66 to me, FWIW.

20. Spider

Spider ~

Nice coin, looks MS 65/66 to me

21. gopher29

gopher29 Coin Hoarder

I see what appears to be a few handling marks on both the obverse and reverse. I don't think it would grade above MS64.

Draft saved Draft deleted