Post a Rosy

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dimeguy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

actually rather pleasant although to my eye the Protrait could as well look like Harry truman as Roosevelt.

[​IMG]
    Selma Burke's Plaque of Franklin Roosevelt

[​IMG]
    John Sinnock protrait of Franklin Roosevelt on the US Dime
    The reverse of the Dime has a torch, an oak branch and an olive branch. It is a decent memorial to the President who lead the US through the depression and the war. I've pulled a number of dimes from circulation over the last few years, starting with this 1957 silver specimen. When I was young there were a lot of silver coins still in circulation. today, however, silver examples in circulation is very rare. This dime was pulled by me in early 2007.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1957 Silver Roosevelt Dime pulled from circulation 2007
    This is a very decent 1985 P Roosevelt pulled from circulation. These business strikes are hard to find in good shape. for one thing, they weren't struck particulary well. This is an exceptional pull. This dime has slight doubling on the date.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1985 Clad Roosevelt P pulled from Circulation
    This is a 1997 P Dime with a nice luster
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    1997 Roosevelt Dime P
    This is a 2001 D which I thought looked great in the hand but on photographying it seems to have some decent rim nicks and chatter.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2001 D
    This is a nice shiny 2003 D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2003 D
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Very odd 1983-P!
    18970-O 1956-D+ (114).jpg 18970-O 1956-D+ (109).jpg 18970-O 1956-D+ (113).jpg 18970-O 1956-D+ (128).jpg [​IMG]

5. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

New this week. I dig it.
    [​IMG]

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

That is a very nice coin with outstanding eye appeal and a very nice photo. At first glance, I thought it was one of my own photos.

7. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Wouldn't be the first time your photos were confused with mine. :)
    I took it has a great compliment. Not so sure you should though. lol

8. To his credit, he said first glance. But after a longer look (prob about 1 sec) he knew better. :smile

9. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

This is why I no longer like potatoes. :thumb:

10. sunflower

sunflower New Member

What is meant by "full torch." Thanks.

11. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

12. sunflower

sunflower New Member

Thank you gbroke. Yes, I heard of full bands. When I read torch, I started looking for something special in the flame. LOL.

I appreciate the extra information. I did read it and learn something.
    Thanks

13. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

You two are cracking me up!

Here is an oldie from my collection that I just dug out!

[​IMG]

14. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I bought this one in the last Goldberg auction and ended up quickly selling it to a friend who just had to have it after I showed off the pics :) Thought it was really pretty for a first-year of issue and for a year that didn't come in those cardboard mint sets that toned so many examples:

[​IMG]

15. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I may just be a very picky collector, but don't all horizontal AND vertical lines must be bold and unbroken for FT? Then again, that may be NGC. I can never remember. That's where I like to collect anyway.

16. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

You are correct. "Full separation on the two sets of bands". The one in the image qualifies.

edit. Oh, about the vertical lines: I am not sure. :)

17. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

Looked it up as I'm done eating my fried chicken during lunch:-just let me know if you are in despiration for the links.

NGC requires all vertical and horizontal lines to be separate and bold. PCGS requires just the two separate sections of horizontal lines to be separate and broken, just as you displayed earlier. And, just like Franklins, I don't think either recognizes the designation in proofs, though I didn't go so far as confirm it. Sigh...ok. Now to the banana that remains in my lunch box.

18. buddy16cat

buddy16cat Well-Known Member

roosies.jpg

Attached Files:

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

20. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

This thread needs reviving! Besides, I was bored today and decided to look though the collection so here are some roaring '50's with nice torches (and eye appeal!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted