Post a Proof Coin

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Savy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

WOW! Speechless...

4. al berry

al berry New Member

image.jpg Like Kennedy's

Skyman and dwhiz like this.
  5. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

Me too and I have one of those also, but PCGS. I have no favorite between them and NGC.

6. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Got a new cell with a good camera. I am amazed at the clarity. It's a Hydro xtrim. Here is my 1998 matte proof Kennedy IMG_20140509_212529.jpg IMG_20140509_212541.jpg

GSDykes, charlietig, Skyman and 2 others like this.
  7. Silverhouse

Silverhouse Well-Known Member

Better shots of my 1900 S

Attached Files:

8. Jupiter88

Jupiter88 "Chingalinga"

Hi, I'm curious to know if you ever found out if your grandmother's coin was indeed a matte proof? I'm in the same situation, but received one from my dad's childhood collection. I have a post on it and so far the consensus is that it is not..still leaves me with a "would love to know for sure" kind of feeling, but chances are slim to begin with but in the meantime it's been fun to hope and dream :)
    https://www.cointalk.com/threads/da...-rims-grainy-matte-proof.267607/#post-2219281

9. robec

robec Junior Member

As was said in your thread, If the die scratches in front of Abe's nose and between the B and E in LIBERTY are missing, and the upside down V to the upper right of UNUM on the reverse is missing it is NOT a Proof. No if's and's or but's. These are present with every Proof 1909 VDB. You don't even need a microscope to see them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The diagnostics you have been shown are what the grading services go by.
    If you don't believe it, go ahead and send your coin in.

12. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Some of the proofs acquired in my first year of collecting. It's great to see how photography and coin selection has changed as I grow in the hobby.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

green18, dwhiz, charlietig and 2 others like this.
  13. Jupiter88

Jupiter88 "Chingalinga"

Idhair, I never said I had any disbelief in what information has been provided here and I don't think my inquiry on how it went on someone else's coin warrants that type of comment? In addition, I think I am entitled to have hope how ever small. The photos I provided were taken by my IPhone, plus I have stated in my post that my coin does show diagnostics, with some struggle on the crescent shape mark as a cluster of sorts/mark shows with a loupe to the right of the Unum, but I can't confirm the shape for sure and the other struggle is knowing for sure on the rims. I have also acknowledged that it is a slim chance but has still been fun to dream. Where in all this did I welcome such a strong reaction?

14. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

15. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Really. Never mind.

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

17. Onofrio Bacigalupo

Onofrio Bacigalupo Well-Known Member

General Toussaint L'Overture, Haiti's George Washington

Attached Files:

18. Onofrio Bacigalupo