Post a picture of your favorite coin(s) that you own.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by pumpkinpie, Jun 15, 2012.

1. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

I think 12 Million not sure or maybe 10,750,000. the number of view of this auction over 25,000 that it was recorded one time.

that's all. Thanks for asking.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Fugio no spot-horz.jpg 2.jpg My top 2

spirityoda likes this.
  4. robec

robec Junior Member

It looks like it's found a permanent home. At that price, it will never, ever sell. It's at least 4 figures too high.

5. TheCoinGeezer

TheCoinGeezer Senex Bombulum

I had one dealing with Alan Hagar on eBay under one of his Gotcha IDs, which he changed and later got NARU'd.
    He reneged on a coin deal. I refused to deal with him again.

6. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

Now that is cool.

7. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

U_mad_bro_Picture_Challenge_3-s469x428-160564-535.jpg

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

This is a little set I put together of 1857 multi-denominational clash die coins.
    Images posted in this order.

FS-403 (004) Snow-7 Cent die clashed with $20 gold
    FS-901 (005) Snow-8 Cent die clashed with quarter
    FS-402 (003) Snow-9 Cent die clashed with half dollar
    FS-901 (006) Quarter with matching clash to S-8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

spirityoda likes this.
  9. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

Very cool thread pumpkin! I was reminded today why redwin is the only CT member I have on ignore. ;)

I am traveling right now, but here is one of my favorites for which I have access to my images. If you click on the pictures you can see the bigger ones.

1935_Mercury_PCGS_MS66FB_obv2.jpg 1935_Mercury_PCGS_MS66FB_rev2.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  10. Zlotych

Zlotych Member

I'll give you like twelve bucks and a roll of unsearched wheat cents for it.

11. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

This is sad. I have to ask, besides Alan, has anybody else reputable in the world of Numismatics agreed with his ridiculous claim?
    You understand ACG is not really recognized by the market as being a top tier service, right? It would mean just as much today if you self slabbed the thing.

I, and numerous others, on these boards have stated the same thing over and over again. I assure you if you went to Collectors Society or the NGC Message Boards the same sentiment would be seen.

If you truly believe the coin is worth that much or anywhere near that much you would've put the thing up in a Heritage auction or a similar auction house.

12. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I agree with this. You have proven that you're not really honest about the value of this coin by not taking the appropriate steps you would take with something of that value. In it's current slab, you could list it on ebay with a $1500 buy it now and it very likely would NOT sell for months, if ever. You have decided it's not worth the $30 to send it to NGC for a real evaluation and grade.

Nobody is denying what it is. You have a rare-"ish" double denom. die clash. Ok. Worth about a grand or so on the open market. It's nice but NOT worth millions, or 10s of thousands, or two thousand. I don't think people should carelessly misguide new collectors like that.

spirityoda likes this.
  13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Ok, here I have a beauty of a gold coin. :thumb: It's also very rare as they were only issued in sets and there wasn't that many sets minted. A young Queen of England to boot. :D

Attached Files:

spirityoda likes this.
  14. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The reverse of that coin is really a killer design.

15. x115

x115 Collector

16. x115

x115 Collector

my favorite

flow-black.jpg

17. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Bada**, thats one of the main "errors" in moderns & ancients I like, its clashed dies. I have a few clashed coins in all areas, modern, world and ancient. I think they are very underrated in the coin collecting field.

If I wasnt into ancients I probably would just collect clashed die coinage followed by france & italy coins.

18. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

19. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

20. x115

x115 Collector

21. ddoomm1

ddoomm1 keep on running

**not pictured, NGC MS-64 Gettysburg

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted