Post a picture of your favorite coin(s) that you own.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by pumpkinpie, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Swish, what is the fourth one down. Sure looks busy for an old coin!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

it's not the oldest of the 5 posted, but it's over 1000 years old! it's an æthelred ii the unready penny, CRVX type, minted between 991-997 a.d. in london.

4. swish513

some more favorites...
    gordian iii ant.jpg
    trajan denarii.jpg
    edward i lincoln.jpg
    196-d clip.jpg
    1851.jpg

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

There is a TON!!!!!!!! of fake owls on ebay, better learn about them first before you try bidding on one.

6. icerain

icerain Mastir spellyr

Here are a few of my favorites.

1904O.jpg
    Scan10007.JPG
    Scan10008.JPG
    IMG_0914.jpg IMG_0915.jpg

7. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

8. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Do you read any Bernard Cornwell books old friend?

9. swish513

nope, can't say i have.

10. Cherd

Cherd Junior Member Supporter

Ya, I kinda thought that might be the case, seems as though it wouldn't be especially difficult to fake a silver coin that was made with a hammer. I was going to throw up links to a few of them to get you guy's authenticity, condition, and value opinions, but I wasn't sure if that type of thing was kosher. I figured that there was potential for an awkward situation if we are publicly scrutinizing coins might belong to people on this forum.

11. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I'm not at my office so I can't post links for you conveniently. Please be ultra careful buying any owl on Ebay. IMO It is perhaps one of the most dangerous places to get that type of coin. By dangerous I mean there is a high risk of getting a fake or be fooled into getting a "slabbed" piece of garbage at an inflated price. Of course, there is always a chance that you could get a real treasure on Ebay but the opposite is more probable. Authentication is #1 and there are a number of dealers and websites that would be MUCH better. I recommend that you start a new thread asking "where can I safely buy an Athena/owl coin". Definitely put the new thread in the World & Ancients section of CT. You will be happy that you did.

12. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

It doesn't get much nicer than your 1898-O.

13. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

My top 3 in order.

. lf.jpg lfA.jpg 27A.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  14. Cherd

Hey Look! It's the last three coins that will be missing from my type collection!

spirityoda likes this.
  15. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Thank you and all those links it is prooven that double denomination 11c is existed and legitimate error too! On the other hand my 1995 Double Denomination is not a common double denomination but UNIQUE and the Highest grade in all double denomination that is why is not graded as MS## Due of all orginal visble details of a cent and a dime legibly read on a surface of a dime planchet. On eBay one of the High End buyer did not make me Satisfied on his offer just 7 Million Dollars ONLY. So he did not get it. URGHHH!!
    [video=youtube;rqKmRuXBErc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqKmRuXBErc[/video]

16. Cherd

HMMM, I wonder what kinda fees Ebay would charge on 7 Million.......Hold on a second......WHHHHHHHHHAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!

17. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

It's the highest grade, which is why it was not assigned a grade?
    No, that's absolute horse-hockey! Reputable third party graders are given coins to grade them, not to slab them and chicken out on a grade. You've told your story numerous times about how some expert handled the coin and "graded" it and now it is quite clear to me that the expert clearly had no idea how to grade the coin.

Also that offer was sent to you in a message and was not a binding offer. Anyone can send you a message asking will you accept "xyz" for it, and it means absolutely nothing.
    Had the offer been sent to you through you auction through the "Best Offer" feature, then it would have been like a contract.

18. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Please read carefully and try to understand all experts behind the COIN FACT ENCYCLOPEDIA/PCGS Double Denomination Error.

COIN FACT ENCLOPEDIA/PCGS:
    DOUBLE DENOMINATION ERRORS
    One of the most expensive, popular, and desired types of errors are the double denominations. This error happens when a coin is struck on a previously struck coin of another denomination. Examples are a cent on a struck dime, and a nickel on a struck cent. The most dramatic are those with considerable design visible from the original strike.

The most dramatic are those with considerable design visible from the original strike.>> 1995 Penny On Dime is the MOST DRAMATIC in all Doubled Denomination that is why Mr. Alan Hager did not intent to grade it as MS ##. Mr. Alan Hager is a well known grader and professional expert in Numismatist World.-Of course I did ask Mr.Alan Hager why he did not assigned any Numerical number on this Unique Coin.
    He just simply explaned your coin is UNIQUE..That is why I get that SPECIAL NAME on that Holder as 1995 Penny On Dime-ACG MINT.

Cent on Dime as MS ## is jus plain common double denomination. A 1995 Penny On Dime is the Highest Double Denomination in all Double Denomination. Why? The coin has Two Full dates 1995 a Key date, 2 LIBERTY,2 IN GOD WE TRUST, P Mintmark,VDB, A crack Die Variety and skull break and a mirror proof like in some areas Obverse and Reverse.-United States of America, ONE CENT,ONE DIME,EPLU- FG Initial, Lincoln Memorial split in Half a crack die Variety, A two Great Leaders Obverse, Abraham Lincoln(Penny or Cent) & Frank Delano Roosevelt (Dime or 10 cents)) Plus it was certified in Public at Baltimore Coin Show in Maryland on March 2000 by the Inventor and Professional expert in Numismatist, Mr. Alan Hager of Accugrade. His grading company start on 1984 followed by PCGS 1986 after the owner paid Mr. Alan Hager 100k for his expertise and his PATENT. 1987 NGC become the 3rd slabbing company. Now they called it TPG a third party grading. This the way I understand it.
    Those who will sent an offer below 8.5 Million Dollars offer will be automatically decline the only way to get in touch with me is to send me a message on my eBay Message Board.

19. TheNickelGuy

TheNickelGuy Yippie I Oh

1971 No S Proof Jefferson Nickel

My favorite coin is my avatar. A 1971 Proof Jefferson Nickel with a missing mintmark.
    Known as the 1971 No S Proof Jefferson Nickel.
    There were only an estimated 1,655 of these minted and this one is mine.
    I wanted one for almost 30 years and finally a couple years ago I bought this on a layaway plan for just under $1200.00.
    I just could not justify spending all that money on one nickel at one time, so that made it a little easier.
    You should have seen my wife trying to process this purchase in her mind. :rolling:
    1971NoSPR.jpg

20. robec

robec Junior Member

Seriously, are you saying you turned down $7 million for this coin??

I almost shot coffee through my nose, but restrained my self. I still couldn't help but chuckle a little.

Inflation would have to skyrocket into uncharted waters before this coin would ever be worth a number like that.

21. Cherd

I just have to ask, what was the Buy it Now Price!?

Draft saved Draft deleted