Post a high grade bicentennial

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by pumpkinpie, Jul 2, 2012.

1. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

This one is from a mint set:
    IMAG0747-1.jpg
    IMAG0748-1.jpg

And this is from the Ike album.
    Copy of 1976-s 40% obv horz.jpg

Copy (2) of 1976-s 40% obv horz.jpg
    It never fails to amaze me how well my images turn out, when I consider they were taken with a cell phone.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

They are good for a phone. Throw some more even light at them and they will be even better. You can see the bottom half of the coins just need some light. Try a 10 and 2 position with lights. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

I especially like the quarter as you rarely see unc. bicentennials in circulation (even though it is from a Mint Set), and even less with that much luster.

5. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

1976A.jpg 1976C.jpg

Do proofs count? :)

6. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Heck yes they do.

This reminds me.. My silver business strike set came in a similar packaging like the one you posted. I was only able to get the Ike out of the darn plastic airtites. I swear, over the course of the last two years, I have tried half a dozen times to free the quarter and half dollar. No luck. So those spots in the Dansco remain empty lol.

7. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Yes, I Know. My other set looked like it might have had a couple of 70's and I was considering slabbing. After all the years I have had it, I couldn't open the capsules either, so it sits with this one in the house safe. They must have some pretty strong machines to seal them or strong hands to press the halves of the capsule together. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted