Post a favorite SEGS graded specimen in your collection.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by 40_mila_kokkina, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I'll have to see if I can get a decent close up as I currently don't even have a picture of the reverse.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I'll start by saying that I don't believe in changing the holder that a coin is in. I don't care what brand the slab is until the day comes to sell it. With coins of higher value, I may send them to one of the top two and maybe to CAC.

I own a lot of SEGS coins but don't have any images to share. No matter the brand on the holder, I form my own opinion of the grade and what I'm willing to pay for it. I don't need anyone to hold my hand when I lay down the money for a coin. If I mess up, it's my fault, not the holder.

I trust SEGS as much as any TPG and feel they make a great holder. They are a tough piece of plastic that holds up well.

With that said, if I can't see the coin in person, I'm more willing to buy it in PCGS or NGC with CAC as long as I know I can return it.

JPeace$ likes this.
  4. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I feel very much the same way except I don't own any SEGS coins. You could substitute ANACS for SEGS in your post and I would have thought I typed it. I also have a beautiful Morgan in an ICG holder.

Bob Evancho likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted