Post a dollar.

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vizzura, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

What graceful posts. thanks for the show...

Antonius Britannia likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Gotta like/appreciate those clean cheeks on the 1880-S Morgan...plus maybe a PL on the NGC grade of 65 or 66 from here. If it ain't 65, I'd say you were robbed...although confess can't see it properly. Nice. Thanks for sharing.

COOPER12 likes this.
  4. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

5. AuldFartte

AuldFartte Well-Known Member

1969 Anguilla, 1 Dollar. The country of Anguilla never really existed, though they tried to declare independence from Britain.
    Anguilla1.jpg
    Anguilla2.jpg

6. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

Yeah she’s 65 and looks proof like to me but not attributed . Real similar to my proof likes in hand

7. coinquest1961

coinquest1961 Well-Known Member

Here's a few-

Attached Files:

8. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Here’s an 1899 (Bombay) British Trade dollar from a consignment lot I’ve been working on. It appears to have been cleaned but has nice sharp details. These are a gorgeous type and have really spiked in popularity and price over the past 10-20 years.

85FB5479-15D7-4976-9A27-CDA4E5B4BF58.jpeg CCCBCF04-F86A-46EE-A22F-C47FEA23EA88.jpeg

9. Vizzura

Vizzura Active Member

So much variety. heres my trade dollar 20210419_144015.jpg 20210419_144026.jpg

10. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

11. skm

skm Member

My father had some two dollar bills from 1976 with postage stamps and cancellation stamps. What is the significance?

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

13. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

14. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

This $2 bill was postmarked on April 13, 1976. This was the first day of release for this new $2 bill that depicts the signing of the Declaration of Independence 200 years before. Thomas Jefferson's birthday was also on April 13. The four stamps add up to 13¢, which was first class postage cost at that time. The bill was postmarked in Ellisville, Mississippi, and carries two postmarks.

dwhiz and skm like this.
  15. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

I've always liked that trade dollar. This modern Britannia bullion oz. is quite reminiscent of it.

zzzzzzIMG_5321.JPG

16. TonkawaBill

TonkawaBill Well-Known Member

- Edited -

Dollar $1 Sheet 5 wide x 10 long   (1).jpg

Dollar $2 Sheet 4 wide x 8 long (2).jpg

Inverted One Dollar $1 US Bill Legal Tender Colorized 2-Sided Upside Down.jpg

1921- Morgan ro.jpg
    THAT WAS FUN

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
  17. TonkawaBill

TonkawaBill Well-Known Member

WHEN THESE DOLLARS CAME OUT, I ORDERED A $1,000... BAG FROM MINT.. WHEN GOING THRU THEM, I NOTICED ABOUT 20 OF THEM CARRIED AN INDENTATION MID BREAST OF EAGLE, ALL SAME SPOT, A BB COULD HAVE RESTED IN THE DEPRESSION. VERY UNEDUCATED PER ERROR KOINS THEN. THEY WENT TO LOCAL BANK.. ANYONE ELSE SEEN ANY KOINS LIKE THAT ???

18. Copper lover

Copper lover Well-Known Member

19. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm afraid, without photos, I can't help you.

slackaction1 likes this.
  20. steve westermeier

steve westermeier Cancer sucks!

I know this is 'COINTALK' but here's a few of my bills....Nothing exciting, a few 'RADARS and a 'REPEATER'. They're just something else I collect. 02822820 radar.jpg 51911915-51977915-radar.jpg 49844984-repeater.jpg

21. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted