Post a Beautiful or Unique[ly beautiful] Coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by thegreatdane, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Another gorgeous coin.
    Great, now there's another I want. :)
    Very cool looking coin/medal.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

super cool. is this a medal or coin ?

4. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

It's a medal. Double Gulden Silver Shooting Medal, Struck to commemorate the 2nd Austrian federal shooting competition in Innsbruck. Peltzer-1879

spirityoda likes this.
  5. ewomack

ewomack 魚の下着

Two of my favorite coins: the Mexican 1 Peso Caballito and the Japanese Meiji 1 Yen Dragon. I can't fixate my retinas on these enough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. scopru

scopru Member

Very beautiful coins.

7. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I like the designs used on coins of Italy & Albania during the reign or Victor Emmanuel III 1900 to 1946. Posting one of those works of art is like playing a trump card at CT.

Here is a plain old Lincoln cent :D:
    1958 Collage.jpg 1958 NGC PF 67 RB Small.jpg

8. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Isn't there somebody out there with an American coin that they're proud enough of to post. C'mon, somebody put a nice Morgan Dollar up here. Just because it's common doesn't make it less beautiful. If I had a camera, I'd post a few American beauties like a two cent piece or a thee cent nickel.

9. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I've got tons of beautiful American coins... but this is the world coins forum!

10. Johndoe2000$

I've always liked this one.

s-l400 (46).jpg s-l400 (45).jpg
    Not a world coin, or even a coin at all.
    Rather, it's a nice looking medal.

s-l1600 (6).jpg

spirityoda, Stork and Theodosius like this.
  11. Johndoe2000$

Some Moderns...
    The first four (of 12) Queens Beast silver 2oz. Coins. In order of release.

s-l1600 (48).jpg s-l1600 (47).jpg s-l1600 (46).jpg s-l1600.png

All sharing the same reverse, with varying field designs/textures.

s-l1600 (1).png

One more modern that I think has a classic, timeless design...

2017rawandaSANTAMARIA-2.jpg 2017rawandaSANTAMARIA-1.jpg

12. Ruslatin

Ruslatin Member

I believe you are referring only to US coins, which are a subset of American coins. American coins are any coins issued in America, which consists of all of the land stretching from Canada to Tierra del Fuego.

13. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. We United Statesians always commit such a huge sin of omission when we refer to ourselves as Americans. Keeps the wannabe geniuses busy correcting us. Last time I checked, Morgan dollars were only made in The United States of America not The United States of Mexico. Don't try to tell me you've never referred to the USA as America!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  14. panzerman

panzerman Well-Known Member

Low Countries/ Flanders
    AV Cavalier d'or ND Ghent Mint struck circa 1350 570f2f7773ac3d8d3bfc9321ac1c5d78.jpg
    Comte Louis de Male

15. Ruslatin

Ruslatin Member

1. My comment was not directed to "United Statesians". It was directed to you.

2. "wannabe genius" ---> ad hominem

3. No-one suggested Morgans were struck in Mexico ---> straw man

4. I typically refer to it as "the United States", "the US" or "the USA".

5. I do not care if you or anyone else posts pictures of Morgan dollars or any other US coins. I think Morgan dollars are attractive although very common. I also think the proof Lincoln cent in this thread is very pretty with outstanding color. Here is a link which might be of interest to you. I hope you will find it useful. https://www.cointalk.com/forums/us-coins/

MisterWD likes this.
  16. Johndoe2000$

US coins are ok to post, so here's a few gold coins.

s-l400 (48).jpg s-l400 (49).jpg s-l400 (42).jpg s-l400 (43).jpg s-l400 (44).jpg s-l400 (47).jpg $_57 (3) (1).jpg $_57 (4) (1).jpg s-l1600 (63).jpg s-l1600 (64).jpg
    (last two are sellers pics)

17. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)
    I've always liked this Italy 500 Lire design depicting the teen girl in medieval dress and the reverse depicting the ships that discovered America.
    Italy 1967 500 Lire Collage Bk.jpg
    The date of this coin is located on the edge.

18. scopru

scopru Member

Not a big fan of toning, but I really like the tone on that coin.

19. MisterWD

MisterWD Active Member

You still can't tell me that you never referred to USA as America, it would be a lie if you did. Now go back to picking fly specks out of the sugar.

Ruslatin likes this.
  20. Ruslatin

Ruslatin Member

Pffft! Whatever.

I see no relevance to your ASSUMPTION about what I might have said or not said at some point in my life. My views about things have changed greatly over the years. I once believed that the government would never tell a lie and that a police officer was always your friend and someone you could trust. I grew up and with experience, revised those beliefs.

All of that is irrelevant to the points I raised in my original message, which I note you have not addressed, preferring instead to respond with insults and logical fallacies.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  21. Ruslatin

Ruslatin Member

Beauty might be in the eye of the beholder, but I think you would hard pressed to find someone who could honestly say that is not a most attractive coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted