Possible new E clash morgan discovery!!1886p!!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by heavycam.monstervam, May 22, 2015.

?

Can you see a clashed E under the eagle??

1. I think so...

2. I dont think so...

3. Idk what you are even talking about

4. its there I can see it plain as day

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

IMG_20150522_212033.jpg Hello family, this was suppose to be a gtg until I got looking at the double clash of this newly purchased Morgan of mine... If memory serves me an 1886p has yet to be discovered with an E clash under the Tailfeather of the eagle.... Do you see an E on this coin?? IMG_20150522_212422.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't see it from this shot. Can you give us a better close-up with a little more light?

Chris

4. heavycam.monstervam

5. heavycam.monstervam

6. heavycam.monstervam

Well, if noone else sees it then it wouldnt be the 1st time that ive seen ghosts,.. kachorkle:inpain::droid: We can do a GTG if anyone is inclined to I guess..... thanx 4 playing

7. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

under the eagle it too large an area.

where exactly?

8. coinman1234

coinman1234 Not a Well-Known Member

I see the clash on liberty's neck and above the eagle's left feather. Not sure if I can see the "E" though, maybe someone with better eyes knows :)

MS-65

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Frank, if there was an "E Clash" it should be between the wreath and the 2nd & 3rd tail feathers, but I don't see it. (NOTE: I pointed out the position for those who might not be familiar with this clash.)

Chris

10. BertJones

BertJones Member

I think toning may be playing tricks on your eyes. If there was an "e" clash present, there should also be other supporting clash marks present such as the Cotton Boll clash between the Eagles left wing and arrowheads on reverse and clashing at top of the Phrygian Cap (below U S ) on the obverse. I do not see any supporting clash marks present, therefore I do not believe you have a clashed E.

Bert

11. heavycam.monstervam

I Guess I.should have been a squoze more specific.. It ACTUALLY lookslike a partial E under the TF... look just under the tailfeathers of the iggle

12. heavycam.monstervam

So,,,,in retrospect you do NOT see any OTHER clashes present huh??

13. BertJones

BertJones Member

I do not see any other clashes present on this coin that would suggest the likelihood of a clashed E to be present.
    If the dies had clashed hard enough to create a clashed E under the tail feathers, there should also be other supporting clash marks present in certain "sweet spot" locations that I referenced in my earlier post. I do not see any trace of clashing in those areas.
    If you look at other known E clash Morgans, check out the areas I mentioned in my first post on this thread. I think then you will see the supporting clash marks I am suggesting should be present on the coin in order to support there being a clashed E or partial clashed E in that location.

Bert

14. heavycam.monstervam

http://www.vamworld.com/E Clashed Morgan Dollar

Here..... this might clear things up for everyone...... click this link and you shall see(oh yes)that NOT ALL morgans need THOSE specific clashes you are referring too... click on the `83o v36a for example once there and u wont see those supporting clashes either....Those NOT in the know may want to.click.and scroll as well

15. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I don't see an E. Try VAM 6A.

16. BertJones

BertJones Member

Look closer at the 83 O V36 and you will see that it DOES have strong clashing at top of Phrygian cap under B U S and there is faint remnants of the Cotton Boll clash under Eagles left wing.
    So those not in the know, take a moment to learn this.

And like JB said...try V 6A

17. 712

712 Constatutionalist, U.S.N. Viet Nam vet 66'

Hey heavycam.monstervam, your spelling of the word eagle as iggle made me laugh. My Mom, who passed a few years ago, would say the word as you spelled it. She would say it that way just to get attention, love ya Mom

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  18. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

Draft saved Draft deleted