Possible New Discovery 2015-D North Carolina ( Blue Ridge Parkway ) DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rick Stachowski, Jul 5, 2015.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I blew up the firsts pic and put a marker. all the reported denali ddr's so far have had the back of the neck as the target area.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I'll take some more images in the morning of 2 & 3 ... When I took them had nothing to match up to, so their just random shots ...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  4. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

Have searched all change I get down here in Louisiana...still nothing showing up

5. Rick Stachowski

I received in the change yesterday 4 philly 3 of them had the small doubling and 1 had the long doubling . I'll take some images this morning ... I'm starting to think that both mints are minting this, could be like the 2009 lincoln cent extra finger, which both mints produced ...

6. 91stang2

91stang2 Pocket change junkie

Just got off work, a few beers, what per se are you going to do with those you have??? I would love to know. Send them in???

7. Rick Stachowski

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. Rick Stachowski

9. Rick Stachowski

Repost ......

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Found this one yesterday in pocket change keep looking there are out there

Attached Files:

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  11. Rick Stachowski

That is a very nice Die Crack there .
    How far down does it run ?

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I personally like to call it a ghost doubling When you try to get a photo at another angle the doubling disappears:blackalien:

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Right now from the Rim down to the smokestack and it looks like it goes down to the window I'll have to do some follow-up and get back with you :blackalien:

14. Rick Stachowski

Ya, do that, I would like to see .
    Never seen many here in Michigan, at least in the change ..

15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

PS these endoscope photos give off a false appearance example the buffalo in my Kansas City Post seems to be wearing an eye patch over the left eye not really happy with endoscope photos

16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Under further examination and under greater magnification 2x their looks like a micro crack all the way down to the top of large window the photos I am providing start on the top of the rim down to the large window and yes the terminology may be incorrect but that is what I like calling very small cracks enjoy the photos

Attached Files:

17. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

You should call that the "lightning bolt" effect!! Looks like lightning hitting the house.

18. Rick Stachowski

Nothing in the field between the house and hand-pump ..

19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

My observation exactly thank you for your reply:happy: a lot of cracks do look like lightning bolts but I was speaking of the smaller ones when I mention micro cracks

20. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

none visible under 2x 0r 4x stops at the top of the window frame and from the pump to the house looks normal to me:watching:

21. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

I found a leaky bucket. In circulation. My favorite coin to look at is that homestead:)

Draft saved Draft deleted