Possible DDO 1971 D half dollar

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pennie Lira, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Pennie Lira

Pennie Lira Member

Could you guys please take a look at this half dollar and let me know what you think I saw one on veriaty vista almost the same

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Could be . Need Expert opinion . JMHO.

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

5. Philip Brozovic

Philip Brozovic New Member

By the pictures....it doesn't look like it. Would be better if you had a straight-on shot (top view) instead of an angled view.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Interesting coin. IMO, I see some of the attributions from various photos in VV, however, not enough to classify it as a specific listed variety. I do not think it is MD, but you should wait for more posts.

7. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Looking at Variety Vista, I don't see anything that matches. The pictures are a bit out of focus and there is some glare dancing about. The I in IN might show a split, but better photos would be needed.

Honestly, there are dozens of unlisted minor varieties for the series. This might be one of them, but that could only be confirmed with better pictures. From what I see, this isn't a DDO. And it's to far/out of focus to determine DDR for me.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Sorry but I just can't tell.

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

The I is a great pick up for the different variations of DDO's. I believe you have one of them.

Kevin Mader likes this.
  10. atrox001

atrox001 Senior Member

I don't see any significant doubling. I think that your photo of IN looks like MDD.

11. 2manyhobbies

2manyhobbies Well-Known Member

I think your 4th pic is the tell. To me it looks like a true DDO. Although very faint and not strong, But it has the tells "to me"!

Kevin Mader likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted