Possible 68' dime no s mint.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by SHAWN BLUEMEL, Aug 2, 2020.

1. SHAWN BLUEMEL

SHAWN BLUEMEL New Member

Hello,

I'm new here so hello everyone. I've always had an interest in coins and now I'm more involved with it. I was looking through a collection I have and stumbled across this 1968 dime. It looks like a proof that was in circulation. I have sent pics to PCGS to see if its worth sending in to get certified. It looks different from the other 1968 dime I have which isn't as vividly stamped and has different edging. Here are some pics of it. Any advice or help appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Ordinary circulation quality Philadelphia coin.

You are confusing that with a proof where the S was left off the die.

4. SHAWN BLUEMEL

SHAWN BLUEMEL New Member

Thank you. It just looks different.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood, Shawn!

It's pointless sending photos to PCGS or any of the other major grading services. They are in the business to evaluate coins for a fee, and that requires that you send the coin to them and pay the appropriate fees in advance. ~ Chris

Mountain Man likes this.
  6. coloradobryan

coloradobryan Well-Known Member

I believe i just read that you believe that dime looked like a proof that was in circulation. It does not. Buy a proof coin and place them side by side. That dime you have was in the ground for a while by the looks of it.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT @SHAWN BLUEMEL. Your dime appears to have environmental damage and that is all I can tell from your photographs.
    I belabor the point of photographs to most new members so will give you my standard spiel.
    You should always post FULL IMAGE photos (after you upload your photo, two buttons appear: Thumbnail and Full Image, click Full Image and your photo appears full size on your post and is easily enlarged by clicking on it. Always show both the obverse and reverse, even if your question is just about one side. Members can often give more valuable information having both sides to evaluate. Crop out superfluous background so just the coin shows, and post photos with correct orientation so members don't have to turn their computer in some awkward fashion to view it properly. Add close ups of areas you have questions about and make your questions as definitive as possible so we know what you are asking for. And try to have the best lighting possible to show the most favorable photo of the coin. Hope this helps in the future. Good luck.

rosethe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted