Possible 1974-P Dime error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CumbiesGuy, Oct 19, 2018.

1. CumbiesGuy

CumbiesGuy New Member

Hey all! I just recently found out about coin errors and decided to start going through my collection to look for some. I came across this 1974 dime that has like a ring around the edge on the inside that looks blank on both sides. I was just curious if this would be considered an error. Thank you In advance for your time and help! It is much appreciated!

I apologize if the pictures aren't the best. 20181019_022524.jpg 20181019_022519.jpg 20181019_022456.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Your Dime is not a Mint Error.
    The edge was worn down somehow after it left the US Mint.

Spark1951, CumbiesGuy and Dave363 like this.
  4. Dave363

Dave363 Well-Known Member

Your coin is damaged not a mint error it looks like it was stuck in a dyer but who really knows. JMO
    Dave

Spark1951 and CumbiesGuy like this.
  5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

spend it, technical term: Pocket change

6. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

It's VERY worn. The reason the edges and the center of his face and the torch look worn is because those are the high points, so they are the first to come into contact with your hands. Thus, they wear out faster than the fields, which are lower than the devices like the bust and the torch and the wreath. Keep looking!

7. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Please don't learn about error coins using YouTube videos or clickbait ads on websites.

Search out error coin websites that are intensive in listing error coins with descriptions and pictures (and not just a quick pic and teaser to make you like their page/video).

8. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Not wear - but damaged

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to Coin Talk. I imagine you kept that coin in your collection because it was different and interesting. That's what numismatics is all about. Keep on checking your change.

Wilddavy likes this.
  10. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

Post minting damage...not an error.

Welcome to CT.

11. Jeremyworkman

Jeremyworkman New Member

Hi, can anyone please tell me something about this coin it's driving me nuts cause I'm new to this and I have a 1957 d wheat and the word states,this one says tates.what happened to the s? Something is up with the d,the e in we hangs obviously low. The L and I in liberty is weak or somehow off..SMH..what might think value be?..any help is much appreciated..
    Thanks,jeremy

Attached Files:

12. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

Minor filled dies.

The other items you mentioned are just normal, or normal for a circulated coin.

Common, and no premium

Draft saved Draft deleted